Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:22 pm 

So I never thought I would be posting something on a pregnancy website...but here I am and I need answers. Early this morning (about 13 hours ago), I had sex with a good friend of mine. The problem: When he came and slid out, the condom stayed in, with cum going everywhere (sorry to be so graphic). I can take the morning-after pill on Monday, but the idea just freaks me out. What if I did concieve and I am just killing my baby? Also, can I even get pregnant from what happended? I know anything is possible but has anyone had any experience with this that can help me out and/or give me some advice on what I should do next. Also, anyone who has taken the morning after pill....side effects, feelings about it? Thank you so much for listening! I look forward to hearing back from someone!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:31 am 

No wonder you?re stressed. It must be hard dealing with the uncertainty. As you know, it?s possible to get pregnant this way, but not definite. Do you know when you were due to ovulate? Or when your next period is due? That may sway whether you feel it?s likely that you conceived or not. I hope your friend is supporting you through this. Best wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:44 am 

I took the MAP when I was 16. It does have some side effects. You have some reallly bad cramps and I felt sick to my stomach for the whole day. That is really the worst of it. :? I wish you good luck in this situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:35 pm 

The last period ended on the 5th. I've been researching how the cycle evolves and when ovulation occurs, etc. but I'm still not positive if I was fertile on the 19th or not. I hate to sound so uneducated but I really only know anything about the seven days that I have my menstrual cycle and thats it. :oops: So, I'm going by Planned Parenthood today to ask about emerg. contraceptives. Hopefully they will be able to help me out. If anyone has any other suggestions, or some information, please post them! Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:06 pm 

Hi,

I have taken the Morning After Pill twice in the past. As far as I know you have to take it within 48 hrs of possible conception and like the others said it can make you feel nauseated.
If you are not ready to have a baby, and all of the responsibilites that come along with being a parent at this time in your life, than there is nothing wrong with taking the MAP, and nothing to feel guilty about.

The second time I took the MAP, it didn't work. My boyfriend at the time was wearing a condom and it broke and sure enough it was right during the time I was ovulating. I went to a clinic for the MAP the next day and took it as prescribed. Several weeks later I never got my period. I did two home pregnancy tests which were positive and finally a blood test, which did confirm I was pregnant. The nurse told me that the odds of me conceiving after taking the MAP were extremely low........but I did.

I hope everything works out for you.

Good luck :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:13 pm 

Thank you for your posts! They have been very informative and helpful. I went to Planned Parenthood today to get the MAP. My friend was great and very supportive and paid for everything. So now I'm just waiting for it to kick in...a little nervous, hoping it won't be too painful. But its better than having a baby right now, I'm sure. I've been so jumpy today...I'll just be happy when this is all over. Any thoughts? Post your replies!
Thank you again!
Meg