Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Horrible Pains!! :-(
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:52 pm 

I am about ready to lose my mind...for the past about 3-4 days I have been feeling such horrible pain in my lower back, I can't stand it. I have been near, and in tears several times. Especially at work, I am constantly sitting now because it hurts so bad.
I read something, that i found on google, saying that some back labor pains can start as early as 3 weeks before actual labor begins. Well I am about 3 weeks or so, could this be possible? When I was at the Docs this past tuesday, he said everything was good, and I was NOT dilated at all!
I am thinking of asking them to just get me off my feet for the rest of my pregnancy, because I am in such excruciating pain at the end of the day, I come home and lay in bed and mope. Plus I walk with a limp, because the pain gets so bad my leg feels like its going to go out. Now I have a good feeling it has alot to do with my siatic nerve..but I am just in to much pain to do anything, honestly, even sit on the toilet to use the bathroom! :( I am beginning to get raelly depressed! Help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:48 am 

Oh, I am so sorry. . .and I know how you feel! It very well may be sciatica. Have you tried applying heat to your lower back? I see my chiropractor monthly, and it has SAVED my back with this pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:50 am 

Hi there hun...

I am right there with you! I am 37 weeks and the pain is so painful! I have 3 other children to care for, my kids are 4,5 and 6...so I am on the go all day! My next appointmant is Thrursday and I will be almost 38 weeks...I am going to bring up the possiblilty of early induction.

If I were you I would definately try to get out of work on maternity leave early..and maybe even talk about him trying to deliver early because of your pain. The end of pregnancy IS painful but if you go in and really pour on the drama maybe your dr. won't let you go on much longer.

Good luck!
When is you next appointment?
Let us know what your Dr. decides...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:20 am 

I'd be surprised if any doctor would induce a first time mother weeks early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:44 pm 

Suzanne, I agree with you, especially if she is not even dialated yet..but it is worth a try??

But looking for early maternity is very probable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:30 pm 

Oh Pease, of COURSE it is worth a try!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:39 pm 

I think my main thing is I might just see if I can get a note stating that my hours need to be cut back, so that I am not in so much pain everyday when I get home..or just in general! I hope everything goes well..and I hope my HR person is in a good mood (unlikly), casue I'll catch crap all day! :-( Im confused!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:12 pm 

Sounds like sciatica to me too! I would try the heat packs on your lower back,and try to see about your leave ,you should be spending some time with your feet up before bub arrives!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:37 am 

Try and get early leave. And when you are at work, try to have your feet up on something if you can. And if you can try to sit in the bath tub. Take a long warm to semi hot bath everyday. And have someone rub your lower back. I have been back pain like you. but I was in an accident almost four years ago. And hurt my lower back really badly. And being 26 weeks along it doesn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:28 pm 

I know I had a car accident in 11th grade..2003 and my back still has spazums..so that does make it worse...well I have a feeling I am going to have this baby really soon, because I Just had my clean sweep and "nested" lol! And everyone at work said that I am going to go soon! I HOPE SO! hehe!
Keep your fingers crossed for me! So I can see my boy/girl! HEHE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:19 pm 

Sara-

I wish you a safe labor and healthy baby. :wink: How exciting you waited to find out how did you do that wasen't it hard?? I can't wait I am going to find out at my next app.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 pm 

You know it was reallyyyyyyy hard not to find out. But I mean the way I looked at it, was that if I would have found out, I would have been so bored w/ pinks and/or blues by the time the baby got here, it would have been pathetic..and I also like to tourcher myself, which I know isnt always a good thing, but sometimes it is! Ive been praying for a girl, because chris already has a son from his previous relationship, so it would be nice to even things out. :-/ Im just getting really impatient now! But yea..let us know what your having..unless you change your mind and decide to wait until the little punk is born! lol! :-D