Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hot flashes?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:42 am 

Hi ladies,
I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing what seems to be hot flashes this past week. I get extremely hot all of a sudden and slightly woozy, not enough to pass out but enough to make me want to sit down or lean on something. Has anyone experienced this? None of my friends have heard of this happening and while I have a message in to my doctor's office, I didn't make it urgent, so unless someone thinks it IS urgent, then I will sit tight and wait!
Thanks,
Rebecca (due 6/11/05)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:03 pm 

Hi,

I would check with your doctor just to be on the safe side, but I'm sure everything is fine. I used to get very hot towards the end of my 2nd, and into my 3rd trimester especially if I was moving around a lot, cleaning, etc. They sometimes say if you've been sitting for a while and then get up suddenly you may feel woozy.
Also make sure you are eating enough and drinking enough fluids so that your blood sugar doesn't drop too low.

I found some information for you, hope this helps: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregna ... h/228.html

Good luck

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:43 pm 

Thanks Nikki, especially for finding me that link which actually had one woman's tale of feeling hot before feeling dizzy. I seem to be sensing the hot stronger than the dizzy, but it must all be related. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday anyway, and since I didn't have the hot flash today (first day in 5) I guess I can wait and mention it then. I am also going to focus on increasing my water intake. It's tough cause I'm a middle school teacher and have two points in the day with back-to-back classes where I just won't be able to leave to use the bathroom for an hour and half each time. But I guess if I have to call in a hall monitor and rush to the bathroom in order to maintain my upright position (as opposed to on the floor in a dead faint) that's worth it!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:19 pm 

I think it's good you called your doc (it never hurts) but I think it's totally normal. I would get hot flashes too (all throughout my pregnancy) and sometimes lightheadedness along with it. With all the hormones charging through your body and a little baby that needs all that warmth, it's easy for us to get too hot!! My mom is in the last stages of "the change" and it's funny we'd sometimes get hot flashes at the same time. We'd be wildly fanning ourselves with anything we could get our hands on!! Congratulations on your baby! Keep us updated!