Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:28 am 

how is it that you told your parents and how did you do it with out freaking out or dieing of a heartattack? i need help telling my mother but i dont know how to do it so please help!!!!! :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:23 pm 

Could I assume that this is not a planned pregnancy? Do you think your parents will be mad? We can help you best if you give us a little background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:31 pm 

How old are you?

I got prego just after my 18th birthday. I was acting all weird and my mom asked if I was upset about not getting some jacket and I was like "no it's a little more serious than that" and she's like "what you think you might be pregnant?" and I nodded...she was upset of course...my dad found out like 2-3 weeks later and we didn't talk for a week. My daughter is almost one now and we all love her more than anything!

It's hard at first, and I'm sure you'll have people telling you to get an abortion/give him/her up for adoption, but they'll all get used to the idea sooner or later :)

Good luck! It's better to get it over with!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:51 am 

When I got preggo with Benjamin I had already been pregnant before but had a m/c so I just told my mom I wanted to buy a test, the next day I told her it was positive. She was OK with it because I was married & it was planned. She kind of knew it was going to happen anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:36 pm 

My boyfriends mom told my mom..

I dont really know why she felt she should be the one to tell her but hey it took stress off me...

my moms first thought was adoption (I was to far along for an abortion and I wouldnt have had it anyways) but my dad said no her and the baby are staying here...

Post subject: more info
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:23 pm 

i understand that i dont understand certian things. here is the information that you need. i am 15 and this was totally not on purpose. my sister told me that she would never talk to me agian if i am pregnent. what do you think i should do? please help[/b][/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:23 pm 
With Keilei, my mom kept asking if I was ok since I had really bad morning sickness, I told her no I was fine, knowing full well I wasn't. After about 2 weeks of this, she took me to my doctor and they said I was 7 weeks pregnant. Needless to say she was ticked that I lied and that I was having sex, but she talked to my dad and they let me stay and keep the baby. When I got pregnant with kaedence, I just out and told my mom when I came home from work that I had taken a test earlier that day and it came back positive. Both of my parents were ticked that I made the same " mistake" ( their words not mine), twice so they put me out. I wasn't all that suprised since I knew that they really didn't want me to have Keilei, but I love my girls and nothing makes me happier than being their mommee, so when I found out I was pregnant again I was thrilled. I think having her helped me do better than what I was, since having her I work twice as hard to make sure that both of my girls are well taken care of and want for nothing. Which is why I went ahead and graduated early from school, as of 15.December.2006 I was offically finished with high school, but the ceremony isn't until May.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:48 pm 

I had my dh break it to my mother while i stayed at his house. Then after he broke it to her I went there an hour later to deal with the aftermath. She was furious and heartbroken. I never understood why untill after emma was born and i started thinking about what would happen if she got pregnant at 15 when i did. My mother knew i love kids and that i was highly against abortion and i wouldnt give her up for adoption so we delt with it. We were distant for a while untill i got my first sonogram at 16 weeks. She cried when she saw her up on the monitor and now she wouldnt trade her granddaughter for the world.

the best advice i can give you is decide what you want to do with the baby (keep it or not, ect.) and then brace yourself and remember that when you tell your parents its going to be one of the hardest times in your life but also remember that it will pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:45 pm 

when i told my mom, it was the worst day of my life. she's a very strong christian and i sat her down with my boyfriend and she just started crying and asking me, "How could you do this to me?" i was so mad because she was giving me this huge guilt trip when i was the one having the baby. me and my bf are married now, i'm only 18 and i'm due july 16th. she's fine now but i'll never forget how i hurt her and it really bothers me. she thought we were sitting her down to tell her soemthing had happened to my car. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 pm 

I wasnt living at home when I got pregnant, I was actually on vacation with Chris's parents in New Jersey when my symptoms kicked in, and I realized I didnt fit in my bikini right. But when I told my dad, I was about 3 months or so! I wanted to wait till I got to 3 months, just in case of a miscarriage or anything. He wasnt happy, he too is very christian, but he did not flip out or anything, he just said to me " I dont know why you want to bring a baby into the world right now..its not a good time"..which is true..but I dont think the future is going to be any better, so...you just have to sometimes suck it up, and look everything straight on! :? You know the person you want to tell better then we all do, so you have to make the final call in all your decisions reguardless of what we tell you! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:41 am 

I was 15 going on 16 when I had my first m/c. I couldn't tell my mom and dad. I was pregnant with twins at the time. I didn't even know i was pregnant. I talk to a friends mom and she called my mom to tell her. I was upset at that mom because I told her not to tell my mom. When my mom found out she told my dad. And my dad said that he was upset. Ten when I got pregnant this time, my dad asked if my marriage was legal. And I said yeas dad. He wasn't too happy about it at first. I had my dad tell my mom. Because I knew that my mom and I are not on speaking terms. And we will never be. My dad was upset at first. But now when I talk to him. He ask how his granddaughter is. And I tell him that she is doing just fine. Don't do anything that you don't want to do. The best thing to do is tell your parents right away. And ask for their support. You need to do what is best for you and your baby.