Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How long should I wait
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:04 pm 

How long should I wait before I take a test if I was ovulating 8/24 and so on we had intercourse the 25 and 26 I still havent had AF since July 8th so wouldnt know when she would come so can I please get some help :oops: driving me crazy dont want to rush to see negative but really want to know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:33 am 

Why did you have sex the 2 days after you ovulated versus the days leading up to ovulation? Also, how come you haven't had a period since July 8th? Shouldn't you have had one around August 8th which would put you at about 2 months late? Just wondering, I was a little confused!!

Post subject: the strips
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:47 pm 

I have been doing the ovulating strips and the lines were darker on those days thats why do you only ovulate one day and yes I am 2 months late is that because of the pills I didnt have that problem before and every test turns out negative I dont know what to think I have been to a obgyn and they said everything is fine. Should I go see someone else I am starting to get worried why af hasnt came yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:11 pm 

yes, you only ovulate 1 day. the most they say an egg can last is 24 hours. However, you are fertile more than one day. Usually the 3-5 days before ovulation. If you notice a "wet" feeling or more discharge (that looks/feels like eggwhites) then you have fertile cervical fluid which if you have sex will usually keep the sperm alive until ovulation (sperm can not stay alive in a dry environment). Being late can be because of getting off the pill. I can't remember if you already said but when did you get off BC? I would just wait longer. It takes a while for your body to get regular after coming off the pill. I got pregnant the 3rd month. They usually say to give it 6 months though. Hope it helps!!

Post subject: the pill
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:21 pm 

I have been off since late June still no af am really curious is it too early to take a test wow this didnt happen last time thats why i am worried everything was normal when i got off 4 1/2 yrs ago. I am trying really hard to be patient I am scared now. thanks alot though for answering me I appreciate and good luck on your pregnancy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:58 am 

I would just take a test, it can't hurt. Get a reliable one like EPT or First response though. If your period doesn't start soon and your not pregnant I would go to a OB/GYN they should be able to help you. I hope everything works out and keep me posted!!

Post subject: test
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:12 pm 

ok thanks I will tonite

Post subject: spottin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:02 am 

I am spotting very very little and sorry if this is tmi its looks like old dark brownish not like it usually does is this normal I guess I don't need a test now that pretty much sums it up doesnt it appreciate your input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:36 am 

If you are pregnant you can still spot a little. It is actually better if it is brown if you are pregnant they say to be worried if you are having bad pains or if you are bleeding bright red but that brown or pink spotting with no cramps is normal. Maybe you still should take a test. It is obviously up to you but keep in touch!