Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I am afraid
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:04 am 

I just turned 21 two weeks ago. My husband is 20. And I am 2200 miles away from my family. And I don't think that I could go through with the labor and not have my mom and dad here. The only family I have here. Is my husband's. My baby is head down. What if she turns the day I go into labor and I need a c-section. I don't want to have a c-section. My due date is june 2nd. Is there a chance that I could go into labor in the next two weeks? I am a little over 34 weeks now. The closer I get to the due date. The more scared and afraid I get. Is there a chance that I could go into labor early due to worrying? I have a lot on my mind. My grandma on my mom's side of the family has been in and out of ICU the last two or three weeks. And my dad ins't telling me. I have to force it out of him. My doctor says that everything is fine with the baby. But could something go worng during labor? Could she have an illness that an ultrasound and check ups not catch? My doctor wants me to see him every week starting May 10th. Why is that? Could be because this is my first child?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:34 pm 
It sounds like you're feeling a little unsupported. Have you considered enlisting the help of a doula or someone else to provide on-site support for you when the baby comes? Having someone like that present may reduce some of your fear. This is a wonderful time in your life and you should be feeling confident about the days to come. Also, if you're taking Lamaze classes, reach out to some other women in the class.

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:12 am 

No. Because my husband has to work Tuesday nights. And that is the only day for the classes. And when he gets off I have to go to work. His days off got changed on him since he will be going to days after the baby is born.