Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:32 am 

Oh, I think people are taking Tracey's post the wrong way. . I really don't think she was trying to offend anyone :D Just giving her oppinion, and she HAS had six kids! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Oh sweetie, trust me. . .you'll happily take a sledge hammer to the head to avoid the pain of childbirth

Can I have that option? LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:17 am 

Suzanne wrote:
Oh sweetie, trust me. . .you'll happily take a sledge hammer to the head to avoid the pain of childbirth

HAHA Suzanne! True, true... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:08 pm 

I remember thinking that I wouldn't want an epidural becuase I was scared of the needle. Well, after over 20 hours of labor I was BEGGING for that needle! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:16 pm 

o.k. ladies I was not trying to say just because I have six kids I know everything .I have never had a c section, and I have never had a labour over 7 hours,so I have been very lucky, I know some people have very bad labours and I feel for them Ireally do,and I am ot trying to bring down their experience in any way! I am sorry that it came over that way. But I do think that getting on this bored and telling horror strories to ladies who are yet to go through it is counter preductive,it is different for everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:32 pm 

tracey with 6 wrote:
o.k. ladies I was not trying to say just because I have six kids I know everything .I have never had a c section, and I have never had a labour over 7 hours,so I have been very lucky, I know some people have very bad labours and I feel for them Ireally do,and I am ot trying to bring down their experience in any way! I am sorry that it came over that way.

It's ok tracey

OMG Suzanne you are too funny! I had almost a day from start to finish of labour/DEATH/surgery and I was LUCKY enough to ask for my epi at the same time as the anasthesiologist was coming to give it to me! I KNEW I would have an epi, I am NOT good with pain, and I HATE needles too. But you kind of get used to them after having so much bloodwork done when you are pregnant, and like I said I do not remember feeling my epi AT ALL! Unfortunately for me it WAS turned off so I could "feel to push" and it all went downhill from there...but at least I had the epi for as long as I did; I dialated very slowly, it took my from 8 am to midnight to get to 9cm so it was a help for that anyway... :roll:

aaaaahhh memories

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:07 pm 

I never said nor was it my intention to infer that you lied.ReRead my messages and you will find out I am not that type of person :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:59 am 

Good to hear you had such short labors Tracey. . .you deserve the gift of short labors when you have gone through it six times! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:20 pm 

can I still just get smacked over the head? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:03 pm 

NO I'm just silly! LOL.I must try that smacked over the head next time.when eve that might be! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:18 pm 

Or smack your Doc or the nearest midwife - Im sure that would feel just as good :lol:
Im also petrified of having someone plunge a needle into my spine and managed to get through both my labours with the breathing techniches and the spa bath - ugh - not looking forward to doing it again I can tell you :?
I was wondering if those of you who tried the epi suffer re-current headaches at all? I was half considering it for the next time around but so many woman have told me that they get headaches alll the time now and pain in their back where the needle was placed?
Any comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:16 pm 

Riki wrote:
but so many woman have told me that they get headaches alll the time now and pain in their back where the needle was placed?
Any comments?

THATS EXACTLEY WHY I DON'T WANT ONE! That scares me! I have enough "health problems" as it is..I don't need anything else! :cry:
I'm scared, the closer I get to my due date the more I don't want to do this anymore. I feel like I am going to have a breakdown or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:23 pm 

Oh Sarah - you poor love - you must not be scared of labour. We all get through it one way or the other. I did both of mine naturally - took my breathing classes really seriously and learnt to pant my way through contractions. If however you get to the point where you just cant take the pain any longer there are always options before you resort to the epi.
You can try the gas and then go for Pethadine etc so an epi is not the only form of pain relief.
Always remember - that you just have to take ONE contraction at a time. With each one you get closer and closer to your baby :)
If you get induced etc you may find as with many that the contractions do not 'work their up' as they do when you go into labour by yourself. They come on FAST and FURIOUS - in this instance the 'one contraction at a time' probably wont work and you may want some Peth etc to get you through. The midwifes are great though and I agree with Suzanne - should you have to go for the epi, the pain you are already in will take away that fear of the needle.
Try not to be frightened though - it will be the most amazing accomplishment you will experience ever but you must go into it thinking positively "I can do this!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:23 am 

and to add to Riki 's comment what you are feeling is completly normal everybody feels over run and stressed at the end of a pregnancy,it's ok to worry . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:19 am 

Riki, what a helpful post!

I had no problems with headaches from my epidural. I have heard of a FEW woman suffering from them, but as long as you follow the nurses instructions about getting up and moving aroud afer birth, you shoudl be ok.

Don't stress about labor too much, your body is made to do this!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next