Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:11 am 
Boy this child keeps crying at everything! I don't understand what we by the toys for. Well Lily has started eating those veggie puffs and boy do they keep her happy! She's even getting the hang on putting them in her mouth with her 2 fingers and she chews them like a champ. At least they are just made of air so my little chunk does not get chunkier :) She's stayed 19 lbs for the last 2 weeks so looks like the crawling is evening her out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:16 am 
wooohoooo, yay for lily! :D :D :D and yay for krissi too!! :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:43 pm 

Do you give Lily the whole puff at one time or do you break it up? I am impressed that she can pick them up. Jake just pushes them around. He is good at pinching me but bad at pinching things he wants to pick up! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:56 pm 
I gave her the whole thing and she chomps away. She is still working on the pincher thing. I think she was able to do it once or twice. Normally it just takes to long and i just put them in her mouth myself or else she just gets frustrated! I watch her carefully though, just incase. Don't want any choking but she is doing really well. I was suprised how fast she took to chewing (well gumming) them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:12 pm 

Krissimace wrote:
Boy this child keeps crying at everything! I don't understand what we by the toys for. Well Lily has started eating those veggie puffs and boy do they keep her happy! She's even getting the hang on putting them in her mouth with her 2 fingers and she chews them like a champ. At least they are just made of air so my little chunk does not get chunkier :) She's stayed 19 lbs for the last 2 weeks so looks like the crawling is evening her out!

Those things have saved dinnertime at our house. Before we started giving them to Jackson it was a cry-fest every night because he would want to be held while we were trying to eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:19 pm 

YEsterday I got through dinner with the wagon wheels. Actually she got two. One while I was cooking and one while I was eating. Tonight it was the biter biscuits. Mikey was asking why Payton gets cookies before dinner and he doesn't. Oopps.
I made the kids soup troday for lunch miss payton ate two bowls of meatbowl soup. WITH escerole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:54 pm 
Wow Miss Payton sounds like agood eater! Yes we had company over for dinner tonight and the veggie puff certainly saved our dinner! She just sat there nicely in her high chair chomping away :) Well for as long as the drama queen possibly could :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:07 pm 

I try to give my little guy table food while we eat but he has no interest in picking it up and eating it himself so I have to put it in his mouth for him. Both my kids are lazy. :D He puts everything else in his mouth though. Ugh. He loves it though and will bite our finger off if we're not fast enough. Yesterday he had pancakes and pears for breakfast with his sister and couldn't get enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:15 am 

PAyton has no patients for those little veggie puffs. She tries to lick them off the highchair.
PAyton doesn't feed herself either. I have been feeding her right before we sit down to eat. Then she gets a cookie while we are eating and then I give her little things from my plate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:37 pm 

I know what you gals mean. The biter bicuits have saved my life a few times. He gets mad if we are eating and it isn't time for him to yet. It isn't that he's hungry, it is just hat he wants to do what mommy and daddy are doing. I also tried those wagon wheels at your guys suggestion and he likes them too! I can't believe how big they are... they look so little on the box. He still doesn't dig the fruit puffs yet, but at least the biter biscuits and wagon wheels save my life.

I also started trying to put juice in a cup for him. But, I only do it on bath nights because he makes A MESS! I had to take teh stopper thing out because all he does is chew on the spout. If I take the stopper out, the juice pours out better and he knows he has to suck. I have to still help him hold it though because I worry about it coming out too fast! We're gettin there anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:18 pm 

I have to say those cookies make a HUGE mess. Whatever keeps her quiet while I get dinner on though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 am 

Yeah, they are really messy. I usually either strip Justin down to his diaper while he eats them or I push his sleeves all the way up and put on a big bib! I agree though, I'd rather deal with a bit of mess than a screaming kid... ha ha!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:17 am 

I put a bib on Payton but somehow her collar gets the cookie or she drops it on her lap. It gets in her hair. Good thing I give baths every night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:41 am 

I know what you mean about the sippy cup, I had to take out the disc too so that it drips. After I let it drip in Jake's mouth and he realized what was in it then I could start putting the disc back in and now he sucks that juice right down!! Yesterday I tried putting milk in the cup and he had no problem with it. He is so adaptable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:57 pm 
i am currently taking notes on these eating experiences!! i was eating last night, and i had kenzi sitting ony m knee, and i had my plate on the coffee table, and i hear my mom laughing, and i look down and she was staring at my plate, with 3 of her fingers stuck into my mashed potatoes!!!!!