Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: i had my baby girl...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:34 pm 
well ladies, if any of you read my last post, replying to the lady with the fetal movement question, u all know i was going in to be induced... well tuesday afternoon at 4:30, i started having regular contractions, bu i didnt think nothing of it, so i just went about my day, and breathed through them when they came. well we went to the hospital at 7 to get admitted, and i told them i was having regular contractions.. so they admitted me and we got the ball rollin, well, they didnht even check me until 8, at which time, i was dialated to 4... so they didnt do the cervadel induction, they just went ahead and started a pitocin drip. well at 9, i was checked again and was progressing well at 5 cm... so they left, and i started having harder stronger contractions, at one point, i told my mom, get the nurse, i have to push,.. she assured me that i was ok, just to keep breathing, well then the next one i toold my mom, i NEED to push. so she called the nurse.. they came in and it was 10 pm, i was dialted to 9 and 3/4... and at 10:39, my beautful baby girl was born... ALL NATURAL!!! 7 pounds, 7 ounces, 19 inches long... MyKenzi Lynnette...
i also had an episiotomy, but all is well... :-)

good luck girls :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:11 pm 

Congrats on the birth of your daughter! And no epidural :shock: Good for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:19 pm 

hey CONGRATS!!! Since you just had one would you mind telling me a bit about episiotomies? I really don't want to have one/OR tear but I know that I am going to have to anyway :cry:
Anyway congrats again. My Hannah won't be too far behind your MyKenzi! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:37 pm 

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:49 pm 
well, i didnt even know i was going to have the episiotomy... her head was almost out, and just to avoid getting a nasty tear, my doc cut me a little to be on the safe side, he gave me a numbing agent before hand, and then cut me.. i didnt even feel it.. the only down side is, now that it is done and over with, it hurts a little to cough, and laugh hard... amazing how much we use those muscles down there and dont even realize it.. it is sensitive when i wipe, and it is a little uncomfortable to get up and down right afterward, your going to wanna take it VERY easy if you have one... but i will have to say that id rather be cut than to tear, at least they can control a cut, but they cant control a tear.

good luck ladies :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:44 pm 

When you have a c-sec you can't do any of that stuff either....no laughing, no coughing, no straining to have a bowel movement or you are in major pain. Just be glad you didn't have one because the pain is I'm sure a lot worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:25 pm 

Thanks guys! I'm just a big wimp when it comes to alot of pain *sigh* oh well I'm a trooper when I have to be, and this is one of those times :wink: I may have to get a c-section after all though b/c my mother had 4 c-sections and I am the same frame as she is :shock: This impending labour is SO nerve wracking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:16 am 

Congratulations!!!! You go girl!! Drug free is the way to be!! Hehe!! For me anyway! How are you and baby adjusting?? Isn't it so great to just stare at their sweet little face?? Ahhh.

Note to Hannah's Mommy: You may not tear, some people don't! When my baby was about to come out I was lying on my side with one leg up in the air and probably wouldn't have torn if I had delivered that way, but I got impatient and wanted that baby out!!! So I squatted to bring him down faster (you're more likely to tear in that position).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:49 am 

awww congratuations i had to be cut with my first daughter hated it very sore for a while after with my other 2 i didnt neede it.

I think most first time mums get cut nowadays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:17 pm 

Congratulations on your new baby!!! No drugs, gosh I wish I could have gone the distance with my youngest but at 10 hours I said forget it "Give Me Drugs"...lol I finally had him 3 1/2 hours later. My first was different though, I went the full 19 1/2 hours drug free and with this one I am determined to go the distance again (praying its a shorter labor..lol).
Again Congrats!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:52 am 
thanks you for the congrads ladies...

my and baby are adjusting fine, aalthough it just came to my attention today that lil mykenzi doesnt like her bassinet, and we have yet to set the crib up. was up most the night the first 2 nights home cuz i couldnt foigure out why she wasnt sleeping, well i figured it out finally :) yay me.

everything happened so quick with my delivery that even if i would have wanted and epidural, i doubt i could have gotten one. but im very proud of myself, 6 hours of labor, and no drugs, an episiotomy and one baby later, im glad everything happened like it did :)

well im off to bed now, we just got done with our 2:30 feeding and me checking my mail, so im off.. night night ladies :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:05 am 
here is a pic of lil mykenzi

http://profiles.yahoo.com/hatchetrydalee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:21 am 

Aww she is so cute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:35 pm 

ohh what a cutie!!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:20 pm 

She is absolutely beautiful. I know you are probally spoiling her to death. Enjoy your baby. :lol: