Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:07 pm 

Finally I had an appointment with the doctor today. I had to go by myself because my boyfriend was working. I thought I was about 13 weeks preggers, but I found out I am 14 weeks and 3 days. They also let me hear the heartbeat, and then surprisingly did an ultrasound! I got to see the little babe for the first time. So far, things are going pretty good.... They do bloodwork next week and I get the next ultrasound at about 22 weeks, then I will find out the sex. I'm so excited I wish I could talk about it with my mommy. I still haven't told them. Atleast I can show my boyfriend the pictures from the ultasound later tonight.
By the way, my tummy is starting to get chubby, but like someone else described, it's pushed up so it's like up by my belly button, then the uterus is just a tuny bit chubbed out. It's still early. Oh yeah, found out the due date too. December 3
- Jessica

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:41 pm 

HI there,
Congrats on your great appt. Its always great to see the first u/s and hear the heartbeat...
H&H 9 mths!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:08 am 

Hey..u need to tell your mom, if she finds out some other way she will we be a whole lot more upset than she would be otherwise...Plus, after you tell her and make it through the awkward phase right afterwards you will feel a whole lot better. Good Luck!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:37 pm 

Just wanted to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on your appointment !! I know it is so exciting! I went to the doctor yesterday and had the 4D ultrasound and my sugar test done! My 4D doesn't show much because my little baby girl decided to be stubborn and sleep the whole time. (We tried three different times-8 a.m., 1:40 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.) She was sleeping with her head on my bladder (using it as a pillow I suppose) with her body and head facing my back we go back the 25th to try to get a better 4D! You could kinda see her face....she also was sucking on her fingers! Also, my "sugar test" came back fine. So I also had a good dr's visit... must've been a good day!! But, I am proud that everything looks good! I know you can't wait till you are 22 weeks, to see if it is a boy or girl! My husband and I thought that was the MOST exciting visit!
(P.S.) I am just curious you don't have to answer... you were talking about how you haven't told your mom... how old are you?

:D ~~~~Congratulations~~~~ :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:54 am 

thank you and congrats Kendra on your good Dr. visit, although better luck next time with the 4D, I hope she wakes up for it! How far along are you when you can get a 4D? My doctor never told me about them. He might now even be able to give me one, but I'll find out.

I'm 22 years old, so i should be able to tell my mom but I get so close to telling her and chicken out. It is really hurting me, I am having trouble sleeping because I go to tell her and I have the ultrasound pics and then I run out of the room ahhh! I was pregnant when I was 18 and she found out when we were at the ER for my broken tailbone, the doctor came in and told us. So why can't I do it now? Anyway, I hope I get the courage to tell her tomorrow, before she leaves to go to Virginia for work. Wish me luck~

~Jessica

Post subject: Good luck
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:11 pm 

I hope it all goes well with telling your mom. I'm sure when your baby grows up you'll want to hear when there is such exciting news. I hope she gives you lots of support. Best wishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:34 pm 

Thank you! I know how you feel about finding out you're pregnant in a surprising way (when you were 18)! I was like 30 minutes away from having surgery to have an ovarian cyst removed and they had forgotten my blood work- came in and done that and five minutes before I was to have surgery they came in right before me and my parents and told me I was pregnant so they couldn't perform the surgery! I could have died! Your mom will be excited for you...so don't worry!! Just go in be brave and tell her the great news and how excited you are!

The 4D ultrasound is best when done between 27-32 weeks! It is really awesome! They bring the baby's picture up on a regular 2D ultrasound screen and with the push of a button it is changed into a 4D picture! The thing is... the baby has to be in a good position... the awkward thing is.. you would think the baby would have to be looking at the screen, but she/he has to be in a "profile pose". Like, looking up at your belly. And my baby girl just kept looking at us blinking her eyes and yawning! She usually sleeps at night and kicks all day... BUT I was so excited the night before I couldn't sleep so she kicked all night and slept all day! :?

Anyways, here in GA it cost $150.00 (no insurance....etc... covers it) and you can take a VHS video and the person who does it will video tape it as she does it.... if you take a CD also she will change the VHS into a DVD afterwards... you also get ultrasound pictures of the baby. The pictures are so detailed that you can tell who the baby looks like before he/she is even here! My husband's mom had a baby in March and they had the 4D done and it looks identical to the pictures! Our pictures didn't even turn out well and we were able to tell she has my nose and lips... and sleeps like her daddy! The 4D is really awesome! You should check and see if anyone in your area does them! GOOD LUCK! :D