Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm a new member..
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:26 am 

Hi. My name is Cassandra and I'm 16 years old. My son is 17 months old now and I'm looking to make new friends that are like me.
Jordan is my son. Hes about 30 lbs, blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes with long eye lashes. He's a typical boy tho, on the bigger side, likes to rough house and play with trucks. Hes my world.. I love him so much.
I got pregnant a few months after my 14th birthday and I gave birth to Jordan shortly after I turned 15.
The only friend that I have now would be my boyfriend Josh. All my other friends left me when I got pregnant.
Before I got pregnant I was really wild.. I didnt' listen to anyone, was in and out of the court house for numorous offences, I ran away from home one to many times, I was in rehab, I did lots of drugs and drinking (smoked weed, snorted pills *uppers/downers it didn't matter*, and i used pain killers *oxycontin*), and I never went to school.
Now I am in 10th grade at BRIDGE Alternative High School. A school that consists of 3 teachers, 1 principal/teacher, 1 Americorps worker, and about 50 students. Our school is really small.. there is only 3 class rooms. One room is used for English, History, Social Awareness, and our meeting room *the whole school meets up periodicly*. Another is used for Science, and art. The last room is used for Math, Computers, Geography, and a lunch room. There are also many classes you can take online to get all of your credits. Unfortunatly, there is no day care in the school.
I am also clean of all drugs.
I live with my mom right now and she helps me out while i go to school. I am planning on moving out when I turn 17 in August with my boyfriend and father of my son, JOsh.
If anyone would like to chat sometime you can find me on MSN messenger *cake_420@hotmail.com* or just msg me on here.
-Cassandra[color=indigo]
[/color]

Post subject: I'm a new member
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:11 pm 

Welcome and congratulations on your little guy. I have to say it is awesome that you are not leading the wild life you were before you had him(drugs). I have a niece who is in a youth jail for doing the things that you were and she should be coming home next week. She's been in there almost a year and she is exactly the age you were when you had Jordan. We told her not to be a statistic, you will be one if you let poeple label you and give in to the life your leading. She aims to be different when she comes out, she plans to be herself and go after her dreams. I give you credit Cassandra for making a life for you and your son. Good luck to you and him and if you can put a pic of him on here, he has got to be cutie!!!! TAKE CARE :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:51 pm 

Hey Cassandra!
Welcome to the board. Congratulations on your accomplishments. You'll find everyone is great and helpful here. so I look forward to chatting with you some more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:03 am 

Hello :)
Welcome to the board, congrats on your lil one :) and all of your accomplishments :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:54 am 

Welcome to the board! I'll be 19 in april and I know exactly where you are coming from. I lived that life too right up untill I found out I was pregnant! I was deeper in it than you were though, I had more time, I didn't get pregnant untill just after my 18th birthday. Now I have an almost 3 week old baby girl named Hannah. I'm hoping to complete high school by correspondance soon b/c like you my 4 years in HS were WASTED :roll: So yea hun I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. :wink: Feel free to talk to me about anything, I look forward to chatting with someone who turned their life around like I did for their baby! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:06 pm 

Hi Cassandra! I'm a new member too!
I am so amazed at what you have accomplished!
I'm 19 years old with a 3 month old baby.. and I thought I had to change a lot to become a mother.. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be a mommy at 15. I was just WAY to crazy for that.. Anyway, welcome here! And I hope I am too!

Heather and baby boy Hayden

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:10 pm 

I guess there are 3 of us "former wild child turned mommies" on here now LOL! :lol: Welcome to you too Heather! You are right it must have been SO difficult for Cassandra to have had a baby at such a young age! I couldn't imagine it either! :shock: Well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:22 pm 

hi and welcome i know what its like to be a young mum i was one too i was 16 when i had my daughter and she will be 10 this year.

Being young sure makes u grow up quick i was wild as a child but as soon as i found out i was pregannt i calmed down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:33 pm 

Thanks for welcoming me! :) I have been looking for a good parenting message board to post on, looks like I've found it! I was so scared to be a mommy, but now that I am, it's truly hard to imagine life with out my precious baby! I wish everyone here could have all their babies meet! How different and yet alike would be really amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:36 pm 
I have not welcomed the 2 new girls so here I am to do so!! My name is Krissi (29) I am a SAHM to Lily (5 months) and wife to Brandon (28). My husband is an Officer in the Army and we are stationed out here in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma :? Well I was a wild child back in my day but that was WAY before Lily :lol: Welcome to the boards! We are happy to have you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:48 pm 

I love this message board! I live in Brooksville, Fl (close to Tampa) and I'd love to meet mommys close to me.. I have my sister in laws and they are awesome.. but no actual friends anymore.. well with the exception of my husband and my mother in law.. weird, I know! I was definitely a wild child.. but I've almost grown out of it! hehe!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:54 pm 
My in-laws live in Tampa :) I will be there in May but only for a very short time. My brother-in law is getting married.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:05 pm 

Hi Cassandra! I have only been here for about a month, but it is a great board...I never properly introduced myself so I will now. My name is Jamie, I have one son, Jacob he is almost 7 months old. I am 26, married for 4 years. Jake was pretty much a surprise, but we are soooo glad that he is here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 pm 

Yea I know what you mean about the friend situation :? Mine are all still little Bada$$es so I don't see much of them anymore...We still keep in touch and now that I'm not prego anymore I might go out with some of them once in a while...so yea I'm pretty lonely alot of the time, But the ladies on here are AWESOME! :D :wink: Oh yea my bf and my mom are my best friends too now lol!

My friend Sam has a 2 1/2 yr old daughter, and my ex bf has an almost 1 yr old daughter. All of my bf's friends have kids, but I'm not really friends with them... And they all have girls too! except 2 of them...It's gotta be something in the water here LOL!

You must have some kind of local teen mother support group in your city...ask your doctor. This site is GREAT too!!!!! Alot of very supportive women of here from all walks of life and of all ages! :D

P.S. "almost grown out of it"? lol yep, yep. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:19 pm 

OKay well it's official. I am the oldest mommy in this topic. Fabulous!!!