Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:23 pm 

I am 11 weeks pregnant... oh that feels so wierd to type. pregnant. pregnant, pregnant. I prefer saying preggers or babyfied...OK, I am 22 years old and this was definately a huge surprise. I am very very excited, as well as having millions of questions in my head, and always wondering if I am doing the right thing. My preggers happened on "oops" accident. My boyfriend (who I've been with for 2 years) and I have been pretty much hating each other lately. We don't even kiss each other, maybe once or twice a day which is extremely odd. I have a rational excuse though- I have something growing INSIDE me...can you understand that? We both live with our parents. I moved back in prior to going to in-patient rehab for addiction to opiates. I was addicted to pain killers, which progressed to over 40 pills a day of Hydrocodone 10/650. Oxycontin, Morphine and Fentanyl when I could get it. I am 4 months clean and very active in my recovery, that isn't my major concern, I am just scared that I haven't told my parents and what their reaction will be. I am in a time in my life of rebuilding everything about it. Learning how to deal with anything naturally, and this is a big thing for someone in early recovery to deal with. I haven't even been to an OB/Gyn yet. Everytime I pick up the phone to make an appointment I get too nervous and hang up. I know I need to start taking prenatal vitamins among many other necessities. I am, however, completely honest with the doctors about my addiction. I also take Buprenorphine which is a mild opioid derivitive connecting to the MU-opioid receptors of the brain. The paperwork says it is not known to cause any injury to a fetus, and that it is safe, but I know that opiates should not be taken while pregnant or breast feeding. :?:

Ok sorry that was so long... Does anybody understand????? Help!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:17 pm 

A first pregnancy is always a big thing to come to terms with. There are so many things to take into account and as you mention issues like diet and prenatal vitamins to think of. I can imagine that you already had a lot to deal with emotionally and physically so I’m impressed that you are already thinking of the baby’s welfare and health while so much else is going on in your life. I hope you’ll keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on, and feel free to ask any specific questions – there are people here that would like to help.

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:23 pm 

Thanks for taking into consideration that I am a human and not just a junkie. Also, for understanding that yes it is very difficult for me to be experiencing so many things at once. Before, I was numb to any kind of emotion, now suddenly I have every kind of feeling I could ever comprehend. My main concern is the welfare of the baby.

I do have a question though, since I haven't told anyone in my family about this yet, and I don't know when I should.... How far along do you ussually start showing. I am 5'7" and so far have a flat tummy, so any little bulge will be noticeable to my mom who can tell if I gain 2 pounds. Just wondering how long I have untill I have to give in and tell my parents.

Post subject: Hey There!
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:37 pm 

Hi there,

I am in my 17th week and have only gained 2 lbs. I am 5'8" and 135lbs. In great shape and very athletic. Therefore the 2 lbs have gone straight to my stomach and nowhere else. I am not showing unless I am wearing tighter fitted clothes and even then most people think I am about 2 months along. Hope this hopes. But again, every woman is different. Everyone gains differently. You may gain a lot in the first few months and then your weight gain slows down for the reminder of your pregnancy or vice versa. Earlier on in my pregnancy I was very bloated and that causes you to look bigger also and hurts!! I say that you should just tell your mother, get it over with. It's not easy but don't you think she might appreciate you telling her then her guessing about it or finding out on her own?! Just a thought. Good luck with your pregnancy and God Bless!!!

-Amy W.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:35 pm 

Amy, thank you for the kind words and opinion. I really am considering telling my mom real soon, it's just so hard to get in the right mind and DO IT. I know she will be respectful, excited and want to help. I shouldn't worry so much.
Like you said.. In the first month I felt very bloaty and always hungry hungry and sick sick. I gained a couple pounds, now in the third month my stomach is back to how it normally is, so now I weigh about 120. I eat healthy, with good portions. My appetite is actually normal. I am aware it is typical to lose a few pounds in the beginning. The first month I had all-day sickness. Especially if I filled my stomach up with too much food, I would have to throw up, that was not fun because it ussually happened when I was in a restaurant... sitting at the table and all of a sudden I'm there with a napkin over my mouth paralyzed, then running to the bathroom. Thank God I haven't had any sickness in about 2 weeks. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:42 pm 

I'm 5'2 and a half :) and pre preg weighed oh my god......125 :cry:

Anyway, I can see the change but nobody else can. Basically I have a slight bulge above my pubic bone and the fat that was there has been heaved upward and out a bit but It's still not noticable unless I'm naked. I think that in a few weeks it will be noticable.

You do have a lot to deal with. Congratulations on being clean! Good luck in telling your parents.

One thing though. Regardless of when you see the doc, please take yourself to the drugstore today and buy some pre-natal vitimins. Baby NEEDS those nutrients, and right now is the most critical time. You can get them right off the shelf (don't even have to talk to the pharmacist if you're uncomfortable) I got a whole boatload (almost enough to last my whole preg) for about $18. And by the way, they were only slightly different from my prescription pre-natal vitamins which were $17 for only 30 pills!

Let us know how things go for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:15 pm 

Hi,

Congrats on your pregnancy and being clean for 4 months.
Like the others have said, you need to start the pre-natal vitamins right away and make sure you are getting plenty of folic acid in your diet either naturally or through the vitamins and also please make an appt with an obgyn within the next two weeks.
It would also be great if you had someone you could confide in and have as a support system for you during your pregnancy.......just someone you can talk to if you're feeling down.

I started "showing" when I was about 5 months pregnant, I started to get a little bulge in my belly, but other than that you couldn't tell that I was pregnant.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you and your baby :wink:

Post subject: My little momma's
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:24 am 

Thank you girls so much. Those posts were very informative. I had no idea, or I just never thought about it, that you could get prenatal vitamins over the counter. I am going to stock up on them tomorrow. I read many places that Folic acid can help prevent birth deformities, including spina bifida (sp.?) Thank you for bringing it to my attention because that is something I can do while I wait for my appointment that I know I need to make. Atleast I have picked out an ob/gyn. It's a private clinic, I hate going to Guthrie where everyone and everything is so commercialized. Honestly, I didn't know that I would find such nice, empathetic girls on a message board. I used to go to a different one a while ago and everyone seemed so selfish and only posted something if it was fecicious and ignorant.

I will keep you updated!!
Jessica