Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm just curious...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:41 pm 

Hello Ladies,

This is more a question for really active moms 2 be and moms. Anyways, I am almost 19 weeks pregnant and so far I have had no complications and a very healthy pregnancy. I am currently attending a community college where i am part of a cheerleading squad and my doctor told me early on in the pregnancy that he didnt see a problem with me finishing out the semester. Well theres is two weeks left in the semester and at my appt. yesterday he told me that everything looked great but he wanted me to stop cheering. I am very active and staying fit and healthy is very important to me. I work out on a regular basis and that seems to be more demanding than cheerleading. Anyways, i asked my doctor if i needed to change my workout routine and he said just to tone it down a bit. My question to you is: Did your doctors ever tell you there was a specific time that you needed to tone your workout down or a time when he felt it best that you didnt continue with a certain activity? I have a great doctor and I am going to follow his instructions but i was just curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:07 pm 

unfortunately I was not very active during my pregnancies (5 of them!), enough that the Dr. saw it as a concern....

but....I was a cheerleader, back in the day, and I am just thinking your Dr. wants you to stop cheering b/c of the jumping around and the risk of falling....I don't know, just my thought.

Good for you for staying fit during your pregnancy...it will help you to have an easier delivery and recovery!