Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:15 pm 

Here's my story:

I'm 27 and have been off BC for about four months. I had been taking the pill for about 8 years prior. Since I have been off the pill, my BF and I have used condoms everytime we've had sex. The first day of my last period was April 16th. My period has been regular (29 days) since I've stopped taking BC. So, I'm nine days late.

I took a pregnancy test on May 22nd (7 days late) and it was negative. I used the Answer brand, which is supposed to be pretty reliable for early detection. I know this may be too soon, and I have another test. How long should I wait before I take the second one?

I've been really bloated for two-three weeks now, and I thought it was due to PMS, but now I'm not so sure. I haven't experienced any of the normal cramps I get with PMS and my stomach has been a little queasy. My sense of smell has gotten noticiably stronger and I threw up three times Sunday morning.

I know I'll be ok if I am pregnant and my boyfriend and I have already discussed options. I think he's really in denial about all of this (especially after the negative test). Any advice, suggestions, or words of wisdome are greatly appreciated! :)

~J

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:04 pm 

Hi J,
I actually think you should take the second test now. 7 days late shouldn’t be too soon to have taken the first test. To be honest, the symptoms you describe do sound consistent with pregnancy, but could have other explanations too. I bet you’re stressed, and even in denial your bf must be concerned too. Good luck.