Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm 
I'm pregnant again after 4 months of given birth to my son. I found out yesterday that I pregnant, my husband and I are lost and can't even discuss it. I'm not sure how far along I am. My last period was Sep, and I do not have regular periods therfore Im not sure when exactly I got pregnant. Unfortunately, I was not on active birth controls. Any advise, Im lost, stressed and DONT KNOW WAHT TO DO. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:35 pm 

Oh my goodness, what a spot you are in! Do you and your husband want to have this baby (I don't wnat to sound mean, I'm just helping you to explore all your options :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:00 pm 

WOW thats crazy! Well at least they'll be close in age! Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:09 pm 

Yeah I dunno what I would do if I got pregnant anytime soon. I want to wait until my son is like 3. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:28 pm 

Well not wanting to be crass ,but honey you should of thought about it before you went and di it again , you'll get used to the idea,my husband and I didn't talk for 6 weeks after we found out about number6. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:31 am 

The best thing to do right is NOT stress - I know that sounds difficult but let me assure you that two babies in around 12 months is very 'do able'.
I fell 'unexpectably' pregnant with my second baby when my first was only 11wks old :shock: I thought breastfeeding was a good contraception!! lol however although the first year of having two 'babies' on my hands was a VERY busy one ( they are 12months and 7days apart) I still managed and now am reaping the benefits because my girls are THAT close and they love each other so much - its almost like twins - they have been companions from day one.

The only way I managed was to get my babies into a sleeptime/feedtime/playtime routine. I could not afford my health(or my sanity for that matter) to be up all day and all night with 2 babies feeding all over the place. Sleep was THE most important thing to my exhausted body. Without structure I would have been lost.

Do you breastfeed or bottle? If you breastfeed you may find your milk will dwindle off or that the baby will lose his taste for your milk as it turns from 'sweet' to more 'savory' like when you are pregnant. If you are bottle feeding then of course you wont have any problems and it wont 'tax' your body so much trying to 'grow' a baby and 'feed' one too.

Try to stay positive and let anyone who tries to throw any kind of negativity at you be as water on a ducks back. People who made cracks me made me more determined than ever to prove them all wrong - which I did!! My children are settled and happy and a true pleasure to have so close together. It may be hard work in the beginning but the pay off in the end is HUGE :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:51 pm 

Riki. . .what a nice post! I'm glad that someone here could give this girl some first hand advice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:47 pm 

Sorry if I was offensive before, i hope you and hubby make the best of the event.
Riki :lol: You are my hero ,coping that well with two that close together,I take my hat off to you :lol: I could never have coped.Your dh is one lucky man :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:48 pm 

i just wanted to say i know how you feel. my son just turned four months on jan. 23. and also my husband and i found out last week im two months along again. is there any risks that anyone knows of please email me at homechick20@hotmail.com. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:22 pm 

Congrats on your pregnancy. You will be fine :D