Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm Shawna and..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:43 pm 

I'm 17 and 27 weeks pregnant. The father is my boyfriend, although we weren't together at the time of conception. We are having a baby boy named Logan Michael and are very excited.

But I feel like I've had the toughest pregnancy ever. I've become very depressed. I was actually cutting my wrists for awhile. Something I have never done. I did stop, but the scars are still there. I cry everyday and it's getting to the point where I can't take this anymore. Next week I'll be in my third trimester. I haven't been able to handle the second, how am I going to handle the third?

I love talking to people who are going thru this, have gone thru this, etc. My moodswings are unbearable even to myself. Which is how bad they are. If anyone would like to talk to me, my AIM is Shawnaisastar.

I will probably be posting here a lot, so I will see you around! <33

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:48 pm 

Hey Shawna! My name is Kendra. I am also 27 weeks pregnant... I begin my 28 like Sunday or Monday... anyways... I am 18 and found out I was pregnant when I was 17. My husband and I weren't married when I found out we were engaged (since 2-14-03). I Promise I know what you are going through!! I have been having those bad moodswings to where your excited one moment and then have the worst regrets ever! But, hey we'll get through it! Anyways, do you have MSN Messenger (Windows Messenger) thing?? It came on my computer.... but just hang in there and it will all work out for the better! I go for my 4D ultrasound on Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:44 pm 

Hi Shawna,
When your moods get that bad to where you start self- mutilating, that's definatly a sign that you're obviously just not feeling right. It could be because of the pregnancy, maybe it just happened to start now. Anyway, to keep you healthy, and for the health of the little one inside, consider talking to a therapist or psychiatrist. You have signs of manic depression (bi- polar disorder) I have been diagnosed with that and there are some medications that work, not Lithium, that is the Devil. Personally I don't take any medications anymore but I go to a lot of groups and talk to a lot of people in my out-patient rehab. It can get so hard that you just don't want to live, but next thing you know, you're feeling what I call psycho crazy. It's a very difficult thing to handle, but it can be done!
I know there's more to it than a simple couple of sentances and you really have to dig deep inside...

Post subject: Killer mood swings
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:37 pm 

Hey Shawna,

I'm 25 and 37 weeks pregnant. I had a "moment" at a Cook Out drive-thru. My "moment" can also be considered a temper tantrum. I think everyone goes though the moods swings while pregnant. I think it'll get better for you. I feel so much better now. I am just excited to get the L&D over with and sleep on my stomach again! What does worry me it that you have been cutting. It is so dangerous not only for you but for your baby. Talk with your OB and see if they will recommend you to a counselor. Do you think you are afraid of parenting because of your age?
Hope things get better. Email me if you ever want to talk.

Take care,
Amy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:04 am 

Hello, my wife is 18 months pregnant now. I just want to ask something like the temper? how to deal with those things that have developing when the pregnancy is going on..