Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:12 am 

I got laid off from my job on February 25th. While I'm trying to find something else, I'm suddenly a stay-at-home Dad. Mrs. Steve has a part-time job and normally while she is at work her mother comes over and watches the kids. She's still been coming over when I have something I have to do (meeting, interview, whatever) but otherwise I'm on my own. I'm going nuts here. I don't think I could do the stay-at-home thing full time. Thankfully my wife has set up a playdate for Hannah this afternoon, so the kids will be occupied. I think I'm going to go to the sporting goods store and waste some time. Sadly, I can't spend any MONEY there.

Ugh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:29 am 

My hubby always says I don't do anything at home. So my question is.. are you always busy with the kids? because he thinks I just put my baby Hayden in a room and just vedge all day long not doing a thing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:53 am 

HeatherHerzek wrote:
My hubby always says I don't do anything at home. So my question is.. are you always busy with the kids? because he thinks I just put my baby Hayden in a room and just vedge all day long not doing a thing!

Pardon me for saying so, but your husband is a moron for making that statement. If you have more than one kid at home, you're busy. They almost NEVER occupy themselves at the same time. You're always dealing with one or the other or both.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the boy is up from his nap. Back to work!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:06 pm 
i only have one, and she is an infant, so im busy, it seems like she has this internal radar that tells her i am doing something important, such as cleaning, going potty, trying to eat, or hell, even thinking about doing any of the above, and at those times, she dont jsut cry and whine, SHE SCREAMS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:22 pm 

I told him he needs to stay at home with the baby one day.. I understand he works 50+ hours a week... but I keep the house decent and have food for him on the table... I only have one child.. but he's a lot of work even if he is a good baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:53 pm 

Sorry to hear you were laid off steve. Sounds like you guys are having a heck of bad luck lately. I'll keep my figners crossed that something turns up soon.
HEather don't let your husband make you feel like your job isn't important. You are taking care of a child, the most important and hardest job on the planet. HE may work 50 hours a week but you work seven days a week 24 hours a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:03 pm 

Kudos to Steve!! I am impressed. I know that anytime my husband is at home with Jacob he is calling me all of the time or taking him to visit grandma! He definately gets very nerve wracked very quickly. I am not a stay at home mom (I work part time), but I'm not sure I could be and stay sane at the same time...jenna is right, it is the hardest job in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:31 pm 

My dh used to say he could be a SAHD until he was home for a couple weeks. Then he changed his mind. He won't even take both kids to the store by himself either...to hard. They say it's like having 2 full time jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:35 pm 

My husband has never even taking my daughter out. He will take my son out to do errands but never both. But he's going to happy hour friday after work so I think maybe in the next week or two I will call a girlfriend to go out to dinner. That will be the real test. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:51 pm 

don't get me wrong, he's a great husband and i love him.. and he's great with the baby.. i made him sound like he's a bad guy! But it is a hard job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:09 pm 

Steve,

Hats off to you!!!. To many guys think that we women have it easy staying home and wish they can do it. My fiance actually made me really see that it's a full time job. It wasn't that I didn't already know that but he made me see it deeper, I quit my full time management job to be at home and after being home for a while I started to feel weird because it was different than the typical jobs and it was him who said you still have a full time job but now it's raising our daughter and as soon as you find your groove in it you'll be fine. Using my talents at home. My fiance will do anything for me & the baby. On his work days he will get up to give first feeding, change diapers or get up in the middle of the night if needed but even he agrees he couldn't do it all the time. He said he respects me for making the decision I did and it was because I had him supporting me. Good luck to you in taking the resposibility on as a SAHD and good luck finding employment.

Take Care!!
Melissa
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brie04/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:00 pm 

Quote:
Good luck to you in taking the resposibility on as a SAHD

Believe me .. it's not something I intend to do longterm.

Before I get too many kudos, I should say that I don't do it ALL DAY. My wife gets up with the kids because she doesn't go into work until 11am. I've been taking care of them from 11-3, and then wife comes home. I was exaggerating/kidding a bit when I said I was a SAHD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:17 pm 

It's ok, you aren't full time YET LOL just kidding. Seriously good luck on finding employment though, I seen what my fiance went through(ugh) finding a second job.

Melissa :D

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/brie04/