Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:29 am 

DH and I have been ttc #2 (for me #1 for him) for almost two years now. I know one of the difficulties lies in the fact that I have PCOS. My dr. put me on Metformin (sp?) which has helped regulate me, but still causes late ovulation. I stopped taking my Met two months ago because I ran out of it. I still got AF (the week after Easter) but I believe it was anovulatory. I had an appointment to go see my Dr. this past Wed. but they called and cancelled because she was busy delivering a baby. Her is the deal. Sun. the day before Memorial Day I was going to my in-laws. I woke up feeling fine got in the shower and left the house feeling great. On the car ride over to their house a wave of nausea hit me, but I was still okay. When we got there I got out of the car and broke into a cold sweat and the nausea hit me hard. I went inside and laid down in DHs old bedroom until it got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore and threw up. DH took me home where I slept and threw up two more times. Later that night I was fine and even ate manicotti without feeling ill at all. The next day we went to a cookout where I was asked by my mother in law if I was pregnant. I brushed it off saying I thought I had just come down with a stomach bug. Then we went to another cookout where a complete stanger came up to me and asked if I was pregnant ( I assume because I was eating a pickle) I laughed about it and assured her I just loved pickles. That was Mon. Tues. and Wed. I felt fine, but yesterday I was watching a movie with my 5 year old son when nausea hit me again and I ran to the bathroom and threw up violently (sorry TMI) after that I was fine. DH even asked me yesterday if I was pregnant and all of a sudden I find myself wondering the same thing. This morning I have a little nausea but not enough to worry me. I haven't been running a fever and I don't know why I would throw up 3-4 days apart and then feeling fine. I took a HPT yesterday and it was negative, but since I have stopped charting my cycles I am not sure how many days past ovulation I would be (and honestly I don't even know if I ovulated at all) I do appear to be "glowing" and have several red lines on my breast like hundred of little broken blood vessels. What do you guys think????? I hate to get my hopes up, but I can't really explain this any other way. Please help!!!! Do you think it is possible that my meds were still working since I haven't been off them that long? Do you think after 9 months of meds (3 mos Clomid 6 met) that I would just fall pregnant on my own without any help? Or am I just nuts?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:56 pm 

I think you need to go get a blood pregnancy test. You can call your doctors office and get a slip go to the hospital have your blood drawn. You don't have to see a doctor.

TTC:11 months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:00 am 

your not nuts but get a blood test done if you wanna be pregnant sometimes you can make it seem like you are because i rememeber i wanted a baby so bad that at i had all the simtums and miss periods and all so sometimes ya body has its on mind ya no but good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:24 am 

It happens all the time that ladies get pregnant after the meds stopped. If you are not far enough past implanting egg then it wont read +++ But Angie is right in that your body can mimick pregnancy symtoms if the desire for a baby is intense. Good luck sweetheart, and never give up your dreams.love cherub