Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I might be pregnant.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:03 pm 

I had unprotected sex 8 days ago, and my boyfriend cummed inside of me. For about a week, I have been having cramps in my stomach and I have been getting headaches. I feel a little sleepier then usual and I am worried that im pregnant. And then, 2 days ago, I started bleeding..lightly. And then it got heavier. Its starting to slow down, and Im just wondering if theres chance im pregnant. Someone please let me know. I NEED TO KNOW! What should I do? My boyfriend and I are going to go take a test at the clinic Saturday, but I dont want to be worrying all week. Someone please tell me some more symptoms, and if you think im pregnant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:32 pm 

First of all.... are you on any birth control at all? Okay... there is DEFINATELY a possiblity that you are pregnant!! Anytime you have sex there is a chance. Your symptoms do seem to be signs of pregnancy, but they may not be! Check out this site and see if it helps you any.... http://www.babymed.com/docs/english/21.asp

Good luck! :P Be sure to let us know on the message board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:46 pm 

the test may not read+++ by saturday, if it is neg and you still wonder test again .good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 pm 

Figure out your ovulation date. Your ovulation date is 10 days AFTER your last day of your last period. Add two days before and after the date (because sperm can live up to two days in your vagina.) Example: Your period ended on June 1st. + 10 days=June 11th. That is your MAIN ovulation date. Add two day before and after....June 9th-June 13th...

Of course, there is always the possibility that you can get pregnant outside of those days, but they are slim-none.

And, cherub is right. The test probably won't be correct because it is taken so quickly after the date you had unprotected sex. I would wait till the date of your next period....You may not even need to take a test if she shows up! Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:02 pm 

ovulation can occur on any given date. some as early as cd 8 after you have period or as late as cd 22 or in anovulatory ladies cd 75! the key to knowing when YOU will ovulate is to be aware of your fertility signs, cervical mucuc, cervical position, temps , as they rise after you have o'd. a good book or online source of knowledge is takechargeofyourfertility.com babysnark.com, or just type in medical info. fertilityfriend.com also tells you all about it so you can take charge and be safe or be fruitfull as you wish. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:04 pm 

Once again, Ask-A-nurse, my Doctor, the books, and Planned Parenthood were probably all wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:06 pm 

sillywilly all the medical professionals cant possiably be wrong , but You do it your way and these ladies can do it theirs. :wink: :D and to each their own. but you must be joking.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:10 pm 

Well, once I wondered, so I called Ask-a-nurse. She told me 8-12 days after your period is the time you can get pregnant. (There is a possibility of getting pregnant outside those dates, but since you ovulate only one day of the month) I also asked my Family Planning Doctor at my next monthly check up. She said the same thing. I have read one million and one books since finding out I am pregant...each with the same thing when referring to conception. I also asked my Doctor at my appointments when I went. Because I was curious. Turns out, when I did the math, it was the date that I was ovulating, that I had sex and got pregnant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:13 pm 

cherub wrote:
sillywilly all the medical professionals cant possiably be wrong , but You do it your way and these ladies can do it theirs. :wink: :D and to each their own. but you must be joking.....
Thanks to everyone for ur advice..its helping ALOT! I havent had alot of time to reply to anything. I will come back on here later and talk to some people. Im still going to take the test on Saturday, and it its neg. Im gonna take another one in another week or so. I have just been feeling horrible for the past week. I get headaches ALL THE TIME. and I always feel sick. So, I will let everyone know whats going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:19 pm 

Well, good luck. I hope you get the results you are hoping for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:20 pm 

ok sweetheart, feel better and good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:07 pm 

Well, i havent let anyone know what happend with my test, so i figured i would let everyone know. I went that Saturday, and it said negative. I had been feeling fine, just getting head aches still, but overall i didnt think I was pregnant. And I was expecting my period around the 13th of this month, but i didnt get it. Its the 29th today..and i still havent gotten it. I havent been stressed out, so I dont think I missed it due to stree. So, im going..once again, to take a test on Saturday. Im kind of hoping I am pregnant..so wish me luck! And comment if you will, to let me know if you think I am or not.