Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:45 pm 

I am doing well. Jadyn is colicky about 3 nights a week which sucks but the other days are pretty good. Motherhood is hard but I'm makin it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:02 pm 

Thats good Marianne! Glad to hear from you!

Thanks for all of your support guys. I think I jinxed myself b/c now (yesterday and today so far) she wont take it! GAAH! Were still trying though. I tried for like a hour yesterday and she just screams and cries :( I think the key is to catch her just when she's staring to get a bit hungry...I'll let you know how it goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:21 pm 
I can sympathize with you Kayla. Lily was the same way. I applaud you for sticking with it!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:32 pm 

Thanks Krissi! :D I just don't know how to feel about this anymore! It was looking good for a while...Well mabey give it another week? If she won't do it then I don't know I guess that will be it then. I'm just surprised that I still have milk to give her! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:39 pm 
LOL, it's hard! My nipples were so cracked and sore I just physically could not do it anymore. I really wish I could have. I am hoping things will work out with the next one. NOt that there is anything wrong with Formula feeding, but I would love to be able to breastfeed at least one of my kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:07 pm 

Yea, the whole time I was pregnant I had every intention to breastfeed. It never even crossed my mind that I wouldn't be able to or that I would have troubles doing it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:10 pm 

Hi there I know that you have already had lots of advice and encouragement justr thought I would add my experience. My son spent his first week of life in the baby unit and so I would go feed him every 4 hours but he was also on a drip and so when I took him home I had wanted to fully breast feed him and he would take from me but wouldnt stay on for long and then would scream so I ended up breast feeding and topping him up on formula. I felt bad but it is what I needed to do. Unfortunately some people think it should be breast milk and nothin else but it cant always be that way better to have a healthy fed formula baby than not. My daughter when she was born latched on without a problem and would feed well. Then about 2 weeks later she refused to feed from my right breast and this happened for a week. I tried nipple shields and still wouldnt work then one night I just kept on putting her on my right breast and she finally took from both. It can be hard. I am glad your little girl has finally latched on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:34 pm 

Sometimes Jake goes on a little strike where he doesn't want to eat and he won't latch on. It always works when I stand up and walk with him while trying to get him interested. It is like a totally new sensation for him and he usually latches on in less than a minute. I have read that sometimes motion will encourage the babies to eat...(although I always sit in my rocking chair so for me it is a different motion that he is not used to )