Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:46 am 

When my nine week old daughter was born, she never cried. Little by little she started crying but I was always able to figure out why. Lately she cries it seems for no reason. I think to myself she has been fed, changed, rocked in all of her favorite positons and given her a pacifier. I try singing to her, talking, the works. I'm not saying that she's like this every single time she's unhappy, but its headed down that road. The only other thing It could be is she's in some kind of pain. I've been taking her to the doctor every time I thought something was wrong with her and was told the she was in perfect health. Maybe she's just doing what babies do but I dont want to assume anything. To make matters worse I'm going on very little sleep. I just need ideas on how to keep her happy(cause I hate to see her cry) and keep my sanity. Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:07 am 

My daughter did the same thing. She had colic. But she got over it. Or she was still hungry. My daughter will eat 6-8 ounces and then another 2-4 a 1/2 hour to an hour. So your daughter might still be hungry. Talk to her doctor about colic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:51 pm 

It does sound like colic and your doctor has said she is healthy. So if everything else has been ruled out eg. diaper rash, hunger, feeling cold, hot, or sick in general, then it probably is colic.

Have you tried putting her in a sling? That does wonders for some babies. My son also had colic but wasn't fond of the sling.
There is also lots of great info on the internet about colic and dealing with it.
There was also a book mentioned before, I think called "The Happiest Baby on The Block"...I'm not sure who the author is. You can search for it on Google.
A few mothers have said this is a great book to read if you are dealing with a fussy baby.
Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:11 pm 

She said it!

Hey Nikki :D How are you doing. Abigail is so cute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:04 pm 

Hey! I'm good....so busy these days with Alex(he just started JK), and Abby. Just can't find the time anymore to post like the old days on these boards. And I had a health issue back in May...still getting some tests done. It's a long story...lol.

How are you?! I can't believe Hannah is already 19 months!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:16 pm 

Yea I know! It's crazy to think she will be 2 in Febuary! We're both doing great.

I hope whatever is going on with you, all turns out for the better hun *hug* we all miss you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:04 pm 

The doctor recommend something called gripe water form the health food store it seemed to work with my dd. its for colic and fussiness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:03 pm 

Thank you ladies for your reponse. Turns out that after a couple of days she calmed down. Now she's even starting to sleep about five hours straight at night which is wonderful!

She is the cutest little itty-bitty mama i've ever seen! I'm sure we all feel that way about our children though.