Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I WANT A BABY
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 8:24 am 

I want a baby so bad. I am 24 years old and my boyfriend and i have been together now going on 6 years. We have recently talking about marriage more and more. I feel like i am getting old. I really want a baby. I know I would be a great mother. In feb I stopped taking my bc pills and I feel like my period is almost regulated. How much longer do you think it will take for me to be able to concieve? Please advise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:21 am 

They usually say to watch your periods for 6 months......meaning track the days. If they are 28-30 days apart, then you can assume you are regular........but, that isn't always true..... I had irregular periods for 3 years, and started regulating (27-28) days in Oct of last year. I got a funky period in Feb......it came 5 days early, and was light spotting...took a test and it was negative :(

But following month, waited again for period and nada.......I'm now 11 weeks PG :) So, you don't necessarily need a regular flowing period to ovulate and conceive.... doc told me to " do it" on days 12, 14, 16 of your cycle. So, I guess it doesn't hurt to start tying now......

Good Luck.
Tiffanie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:24 am 

I have been on the pill since 98. I got off in Feb 04. My cycle last about 25 days. I just need some help on a time frame or when is the best of me to attempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:57 am 

I was on the pill for 12 years. Periods had always been regular (before and while on the pill) I stopped taking it Nov 1 and was preg in 3 mos. BTW, I'm 29.... my clock was ticking overtime.

Some friends of mine who had also been on the pill for years (but not as long as me) said it took them 1.5 and 2 years. I guess it's just different for everyone. Hope your wait is short.

Hubby and I had been together 13 years and finally decided we wanted kids. We decided we needed to get married first so we did. I am happy I went that way because even though I knew he'd be there, being married is proof. To me, not being married before purposely getting pg is like bad business practice.... you're taking all the risk and your man has almost none.