Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:09 pm 

oh gosh. im only 20 and i found out today that im pregnant. i took two home pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. as a little girl ive always wanted to have kids at a young age. but not this young. just last week i was planning my 21st birthday trip to vegas with my friends so we can party and go clubbin' i guess all that has to be changed. i dont know what to do. i dont know how to tell my parents. my boyfriend and i have been together for a lil over a year, but we never planned to have kids til way later. i guess im in shock. ive always told myself that i would never get an abortion but now that the time has come, i dont know. im having second thoughts because i dont want to put my college education on hold. ive come this far and i dont want to put it to waste. anyone, someone, everyone. help me with words of courage and wisdom.my boyfriend doesnt really understand the emotions and feelings im going through rite now. please someone help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:15 pm 

I've been in your situation. I was 21, in the middle of college and I got pregnant.

I can't tell you what to do because the decision that was right for me might not be right for you. I can give you some advice though.

Don't rely on anyone else to influence you in your decision. It is your body. You have to live with your decision. Also you have time to think things through. If you decide to go through with abortion most places will perform them up to 12 weeks. Some go until 20 weeks, but I wouldn't recommend waiting that long.

Any decent clinic is going to have a counselor. Talk to him/her. They won't try to sway you one way or the other, they'll just be there to make sure you are comfortable with your decision.

Good luck. If you need anything else, PM me. I'm fairly open to answer any questions you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:14 am 

I was 18 when i got pregnant, and when that test had 2 lines, I was in complete shock. It was the single scariest thing that had ever happened to me. I was even on birth control too, so I was so shocked I even went to my doctors to double check... and I couldn't believe it... I was already 12 weeks along.

If you decide to keep it, believe me.. it's not the end of the world. It's a drastic change.. I'm not trying to influence your decision but there are many things you can do.

And don't stop yourself from having a good time in Las Vegas! Just don't drink.. but I went white water rafting while I was pregnant... and had a good time, even if i was scared out of my mind!!!

But it won't be the end of the world.. Although it may seem like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:16 am 

You can also PM me if you need to talk. I know what it's like to be young.. I had to put my college on hold too.. I'm only 19 now.. so, I'm still young!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:00 pm 

Yup my schooling is on hold as well. I got pregnant a few weeks after my 18th birthday. Now I will be 19 in a month and I am holding my 3 1/2 week old daughter as I am typing this! Like Heather said it is not the end of the world, or the end of your "life", but a drastic change! I made a complete 180 with my life when I found out I was pregnant. And like Maryam said, only YOU can make the decision of where to go from here; Keep the baby, give it up for adoption, or get an abortion. Personally I never even considered getting an abortion, it was out of the question, even though Hannah's daddy may have wanted that in the beginning. Now we wouldn't give her up for anything! I also had people pestering me to give her up for adoption, but that too was not an option. Anyway, I too am here to talk to and know how you are feeling, and I wish you luck with whatever decision you make!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:17 pm 

I am currently 32-33 weeks along, I didn't find out until I was 23 weeks, and thought the same thing that i wasn't ready to be a parent, i never wanted any kids and neither did my husband. once i found out i was on the phone to my doctor asking her what to do next, told her what had happened and she just come in tomorrow for an unltrsound and we can try to see how far along i was, when he said 23 weeks i was white as a ghost, about to hit the floor, came home told my husband and started to cry a little, he asked what was wrong " i told him that i wasn't sure how to tell him this and i wasn't how to handle it." He said well what do you think, i answered that i wasn't ready, school and all too. and i had so much planning for this year, but he looked at me asked "well i guess were having a baby." and at that time i was more settled about not having an abortion. now i would change anything, i'm scared, nervious, anxious,worried, happy. all the above, so is he but we now what we have to do. so now everytime i feel "her"move its just like, "here i was thinking about the abortion thing and if i went ahead with this i would never know what being pregnant felt like." i'm glad it happened and it did for a reason. i am 23 working full time and was going to attend this online college, things change yes, i don't think its the end of the world, yes things will change, and still go have fun with your friends, a lot of girls don't have friends when there pregnant becase the others think that they can't party. so they leave you for others who will, its your decission but i would really think it through i know i did and i am glad i did. if you need to talk email me, brandy.haman@pioneer-usa.com its always open for mail.

good luck with everything life is to short to worry, i have come to find that out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:37 pm 

Woo hoo! See, it's not the end of the world! One thing is for sure.. you do not come first ever again... Baby is always first! being young and being a mom is hard.. but I wouldn't change it for the world. when I first found out, thoughts of not having Hayden passed through my mind... but I am SO SO SO SO glad I kept him. he's amazing.. and watching him grow everyday is a true blessing.. Seeng him smile makes my life so much brighter everytime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:41 pm 

i too know what its like to be young and worry about school and being pregnant..i found out that i was pregnant when i was 7 weeks along and i was only 17...i turned 18 not too long ago..i'm already 21 weeks pregnant now...i thought of having an abortion but after 2 minutes of thinking about it i decided it was out of the question..it was something in me that said i couldn't...you need to make your decision based on your feelings..i'm scared about having my baby...i'm sad i wont get to go to college but i know i'm getting something far better that college could give me and thats a baby..i will eventually go to college but my little one comes first from now on...whatever you decide make sure its what YOU want..not what someone else tells you that you should do..my parents and the baby's father pushed for an adoption but i just couldn't...i felt it wouldn't be right..so i'm keeping her...it took me 3 months to decide that but i made the decision..i wish you the best of luck in deciding what you want to do. feel free to pm me if you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:38 pm 

im only 17 , found out when i was 16 ... i was planning alot of things too , but i guess its all in our destiny, im happy about it because alot of woman would love to be in my shoes since alot of us can have any kids.I take it as a blessing and a gift and i'm ready to take it up with my head up :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:31 pm 

I'm only 19 and I can tell you when I saw the 2 lines, I was also thinking what am I going to do........and know that its almost time for me to finally get to hold my little boy I wouldn't change anything in the world!!!! Like everyone else has said only you can make the choice of keeping the baby or not,...but I couldn't make any other choice!!!
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:54 pm 

Those 2 blue lines are the scariest lines of my life! Good luck on your baby boy! I have a boy, and they are a lot of fun! What are you naming him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:53 pm 

Hey! Remember to make a decision you can live with and be happy with. I found out I was pregnant right before I turned 18... I am now 19 and have a beautiful 6 month baby girl... (you can see her picture if you look on the Parenting Discussion Board... the topic is Pictures of Tameka) It IS WAY different having a baby... everything changes... I thought it was the end of my life and everything was going to be boring now.... but it isn't. I look forward to spending everyday with my little angel. I finished my senior year in high school... and graduated 5 months pregnant (and no one even knew I was pregnant) and I got married when I was 4 months... no we didn't run to marriage as an answer... we had already been engaged for like almost a year when we found out and had been together like 2 years.. something like that. So I went to my senior prom and my graduation as a married 'old woman :wink: :wink: and a soon to be mommy :shock: ! But, instead of entering college right after high school I basically have waited a year later and I am enrolled and should begin classes in May. Babies make life extremely interesting... confusing and a little wild and crazy some times but I wouldn't change it for anything. But remember DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT... NOT WHAT OTHERS SAY!! IT'S YOUR BODY, LIFE AND DECISION! Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:01 pm 

Hi I am 27 but I had my first when I was 18. Now this is my third. You do not have to put your education on hold. I am going to school now and I am a full time student with 2 little ones at home. And I am due March 26. Just because you are pregnant don't mean you have to put things off. With my first son I put it off and didn't go. It is hard but it is worth it. I wish you all the luck and if you need someone to talk to email me Jaymmie20032003@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:00 pm 

Like everyone said , do what is right for you!

I personally was 15 when I got pregnant with my oldest son, Had him at 16 and abortion was not an option. I went to school at an alternative school and graduated before the rest of my class...lol Having a baby changes alot but it doesn't hinder what you want to do with your life, you'll just have to do things differently. sometimes you'll have to use your imagination to get things accomplished but in the end it was all worth it for me.

You have to make the choices that are best for you and don't let anyone tell you what you should/have to do. If I had I wouldn't have a bright, healthy, 12 yo son right now.