Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: insomnia
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:25 am 

I am having really bad insomnia, no caffine so I don't know why. Does anyone have any advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:42 pm 

How far along are you? For the past week or two I myself have been having alot of trouble getting to and staying asleep! buy a nice body pillow to put between your legs and under your stomach. Also put a pillow behind you tucked up against your back for support. Other than that there isnt much you can do. Another pregnancy blah I guess! We've just gotta wait it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:02 pm 

I think it's very normal/typical. I spent many long nights up watching T.V or surfing the web while everyone else slept soundly. In the middle of the day is when I could've/wanted to sleep, but couldn't cause I had to take care of my dd. I think it's your bodies way of preparing you for your little one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:22 am 

It's very very common to have insomnia in the first and third trimester. To help you sleep I'd say take calcium or drink a glass of milk before bed (calcium makes you sleepy). Also, a lukewarm bath is said to help you sleep. Avoid TV or other stimulating activites for an hour or so before bed. Reading is great to help relax you (a pregnancy book maybe?). Hope this helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:13 pm 

Well my problem is going to the bathroom every hour. It seems like by the time I go to sleep I have to go to the bathroom. This just started for me when I first turned 5 months. I think he is squishing my bladder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:59 pm 

Aww! and I'm sure you know it only gets worse! I usually go right before I go to sleep and then I'll get up once in the night then have to go as soon as I wake up! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:38 pm 

You only get up once in the night? Lucky!! I get up like 3-4 times in the night and that is with going pee right before bed and right when I wake up!! I feel like she is really squishing on my bladder now. When I lay on my left side the urge to pee isn't as strong, maybe it dislodges her from my pelvis a little, I don't know!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:36 pm 

poor you! I don't know why but it hasnt been that bad for me having to go pee alot... I mean sure I have to go alot more than I did before I got pregnant but It's not like every hour or whatever (I hope I didnt just jinx myself) Mabey it's because I've had such a hard pregnancy in every other aspect? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:17 pm 

Hi Lanie. Could you be up at night cause you're thinking of the furture? I know I was. All day I was busy but at night laying in bed my mind would race. I would think about all the stuff I had to do to get ready for the baby and then I would lay there and think if I had paid attention to the baby moving that day. Then I wouldn't remember so I would be worried that the baby didn't move. I would just drive myself crazy. Then when I did fall asleep.............I would need to pee. Go back to bed and start thinking again. It was awful. I would keep a pen and paper next to my bed so any thoughts or ideas I had I could just write down and forget about until the next day. Get used to the no sleeping though. Once you have the baby there will be no sleeping. LOL!! Good luck!!!