Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:56 pm 

Hi everyone! Im 20 weeks and 4 days. The past week up until yesterday I was feeling the baby move like crazy. Real strong kicks, well for me (im a first timer). But yesterday day I only felt it about 5 times. Is that normal to feel it for a few days and then not? I was just wondering if it was normal.. Just worried! please respond!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:55 pm 

I know when I was 5 months I didn't feel my little girl move around much and have a regular pattern until about 5 1/2-6 months. If you haven't felt your baby move at all for a long period of time than you usually do. I would call your doctor just to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:35 pm 

I am sure you're fine. THat has happened to me. When you are more active some days than others it can make the babies be more inactive. Moving around alot is like rocking the baby to sleep because of all the bouncing with walking and moving around. They have tired days and wakeful days too just like adults. Plus, you are really early on still and your baby is not that big so you might not be feeling all the movement yet. As he/she gets bigger you will feel a lot more as their space gets more cramped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:09 am 

Perfectly normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:16 am 

i have just over 4 weeks to go and my baby is very active he hasnt calmed down at all even though he weighs in over 5lbs.

Im always getting kicks under my ribs and hands moving all the time but when i was having my girls they never moved much at all i think that boys are more active than girls.

If u are unsure and are in doubt go to the doctor it will put ur mind at rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:14 pm 

thank you all for your help. the baby was moving here and there last night. I am sure that everything is fine. I guess I should just give the baby more time to grow so the moves will be stronger! 20 weeks and 5 days now. Im so excited to have a baby. I think since this is my first I will get the 4d ultra sound done. hope all is well with everyone. Oh yea if we have a girl we are going to name her Dakota Brynn... how do you all like it? I love it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:40 pm 

I can't wait to feel my baby move for the first time. I am just at 19 weeks now and starting to get worried.... but I heard that some people don't feel their babies move untill 24 weeks.
I would think twice about that 4d ultra sound I have heard unless a Doctor is doing it, it can be a bad thing. No one would know better then your doctor - So I would give him a call.
Just a thought - they look really cool... but I have heard it's not worth the risk.

-nat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:15 pm 

Don't worry!! I felt my baby once for a couple second at about 18 weeks and then not again until like 20 or 21 weeks. Around 22-23 weeks you should feel him/her more frequently. I feel my little girl all the time now but it still isn't as much as I will feel her in a few week. As they get bigger and more and more squished you'll be able to feel them move more. At 19 weeks your baby is still really little!! Be patient!!!