Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:01 am 

hi folks ive just joined wondered if anyone can tell me is it too soon to take a test, i came of my bc on 24th of may and my periods were regular straight away my last proper period was july 3rd (next due round the 3rd of aug),on sat last 25th july i started to spot really light kinda brown/pinkish, not like normal at all and no cramps, general tiredness and all over aches and pains as well. I know we had sex around the time of ovulating we were monitoring using mucus and basal methods. Would really apperciate advice we really want a baby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:29 pm 

The only advice I can give you is if you think you are pregnant. Just take a home pregnancy test. Keep us posted.
The one I took was called Answer. You can take it up to 4 days before your period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:34 am 

well did the test it was negative

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:03 am 

Hi Jen
I think it might be kind of early to get an accurate reading on a test. I used the Answer brand which says you can use up to four days before your period. Well I used it two days before and it came up negative. I waited a week later and then it came up positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:14 am 

Thanks for that its reassuring, this waiting is just so fustrating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:12 am 

It takes a while for the pill to come out of your system. That is probably why your period was regular. I got pregnant my third month off the pill. I know some people get pregnant their first month but don't count on that. They are the few. Most people take 3-6 months. It will come. I too was using the body temp/cervical fluid method (as birth control). I never quite got it perfect and the month I got pregnant I could not tell when I was ovulating because my temps were all about the same and the spike was only like 2 degrees. It threw me off and now I am here pregnant but overjoyed that it happened. Best of luck!! It will happen, give it a couple months.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:12 am 

well i came off my birth control and the next month i got pregnant. but i seem to think i am a little further along then what my period chart says . i haven't been able to go to the doctor without insurance starting until sept 1st but when they do the ultrasound i should find out then. keep trying you seem like you would really like to conceive and we would love to know if you are pregnant