Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is this normal?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:14 am 
i know that there have been a ton of posts about this, but i feel the need to ask cuz im tired and dont wanna look up the old posts... ok im 35 weeks preggy right now.. and all tonight at work and as of right now, it feels like there are needles stuck through my nipples, and they hurt soo bad, even to touch something... i went out side, and (TMI) they got hard and i almost cried!!!

:(

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:58 am 

At 35 weeks I'm not sure. Maybe they are really tender and sore from being pregnant. It felt like that to me when my milk was drying up. Does it happen alot? If it does I would call your doctor just to be sure everything is ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:32 pm 

I would get checked out just to be sure. I'm 32 weeks and I havent felt anything like that. I've also read up on everything there is to know about what happens during pregnancy and labour and I havent come across anything about your nipples hurting really bad near the end of pregnancy... Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:59 pm 
well i went to sleep after i posted that message, and when i woke up, they still hurt, but when i went to sleep for the night, and woke up the next morning, they were fine, but every now and then i get a sharp twinge of pain going through them again.. i got alot of twinges of pain in not so good spots, ive been getting twinges of pain around where my cervix would be, and all throughout my lower abdomen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:40 pm 

I've been getting that too! just like half a second long sharp pains in my lower abdomen every once in awhile. I'm gonna ask about that on thurs at my next appt. And today in the shower I noticed a twinge of pain not in my nipple but in my breast and I think I've gotten it before now that I think about it :roll: Who knows! Probably nothing serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:22 pm 

Hi,

The pain in the breasts I'm not too sure about, I don't remember having that.......it's best to ask your doctor.

The sharp, shooting pains in your lower abdomen are totally normal in late pregnancy according to what my obstetrician told me.
I had them really bad in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy.....my doc. said it was just the pressure of the baby moving lower into my pelvic region. To me it felt like someone was sticking a knife up inside of me :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:10 pm 

If I were you I would call my doctor just to make sure. Or either wait intill you go in for your regular visit. By now you probally are going every week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:14 am 

I wouldn't worry about it hon. It's always a good idea to mention any concerns you have to your doctor, but I remember having the same thing. I believe it has something to do with your milk ducts and and your breasts preparing for nursing. :) I know its not fun. There is this stuff from Lasinoh that is a cream that helps a lot with the sensitivity. Take care!! You're almost there!! Soon you'll have your sweet baby!!