Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: is this normal?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:30 am 

Hi, I wrote awhile ago, but I am here again. I am 14 weeks pregnant, and everything is going well. I had 3 miscarriages in the past, but the doctor tells me that this time should go without any complications. My question in this: I am getting big already, actually I've had a belly for quite some time now. I don't fit in any of my jeans. I probably could squeeze in them, but that would not be wise. Did any of you have this happen? Is it normal to show right away? I am reading week by week pregnancy online, where the baby is and what's it's doing, how it's growing, and how the mother is growing. I read ahead and it said week 21, you may start showing. I just wondered if this is normal. The doctor has me on progesterone suppositories, could this have an effect on my weight possibly. Please respond, thank you.
Kristen[color=green][/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:04 pm 

Hi,

I'm really sorry about your previous miscarriages.....I just miscarried last weekend so I know what you've gone through and I'm still bleeding.
Congrats on this pregnancy!!
With the progesterone I'm not too sure because I've never been on it...but are you on it because of your previous miscarriages?
Also do you have any other children? The reason I ask is because if you have had children before they say your belly starts to pop sooner. This was my second pregnancy that I just miscarried and I lost it at 10 wks and it seemed that my pants were already starting to get tight.
You can always check with your doctor if you are really concerend.
When I was pregnant with my son I started to show at around 4 months...just a little bump. To me everything you have said sounds normal....I wouldn't worry as long as you are eating healthy and getting a little bit of exercise and taking your prenatal vitamins then I would relax.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:44 pm 

Hi! I wouldn't worry! Everyone is different; some people show within the first couple of months while other people don't show untill they are 4, 5, or 6 months! If your doctor isn't worried than you shouldn't be either! I have also been getting weekly e-mails, I look forward to it every week lol! It says on the bottom that everyone is different and every baby develops differently. They are just "approximations" of where you should be. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:05 pm 
I started showing at 3 months. Are you smaller framed? Alot of times petite or really skinny or smaller framed woman start to show sooner. I would not worry about it.

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymace/

Last edited by Krissimace on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:13 pm 

or vice versa! I am very petite and skinny and didn't start to really show untill 4-5 months!