Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:15 pm 

Feel free to post something here to brag about your kids. This is not a contest, just a place to post random things you're proud of.

I'll start :)

My 2.75 year old, Hannah, now knows her first, middle, and last name, and what state she lives in. Also, she can more or less find our state on a map of the US. Finally, yesterday learned how to say "immunization" and can tell you what the word means.

Okay .. your turn!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:30 pm 

OKay bragging. Well, like I just mentioned in an earlier thread. Payton shakes her head no at me all the time and does rasberries all the time.
Mikey informed me today as we were getting home from karate that and this is his words "in order for the snow to melt it will have to get much warmer." He also knows his address and phone number as well as he wil inform you his mother is pretty. That alone makes him VERY smart. LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:36 pm 
Okay I have to brag!! My 4 month old (well 5 month old next week) can stand on her own already! She kept trying to pull herself up but she is not strong enough yet so I helped her and low and behold she stands there holding on and she even got brave enough to move from side to side! I posted a picture on my website!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:30 am 

Oh my goodness...I couldn't believe it until I saw the pictures. Go Lily. She looks bigger than a 4mo old. What a cutie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:07 am 

She does look older. I have to get a close picture of payton to you. Payton looks sooo much younger then her. I love Lily's rolls. i love baby's with rolls. Payton has rolls on her thighs. Love them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:07 am 
I think we finally my be evening out with the weight, she has gone almost 2 weeks at 18.5 lbs so I guess the crawling is helping. I was so afraid she would be like 30 lbs before her first b-day. She has sooooo many rolls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:23 am 

Oh no but they are sooooo cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:07 am 

Wow, you guys have some smart kids.... :lol:
Well, as some of you know Alex is a real car buff, so he knows the name of every one of his cars in his car collection and seems to have an affinity towards the really expensive ones like bmw and porsche for some reason.
The other day he told my husband "one day I'm going to drive a Porsche". We thought it was so funny that he said that and my hubby said "I wouldn't doubt if he does drive a Porsche one day".

He can also count to 15 without any help and to 30 with a bit of help. He knows quite a few letters in the alphabet but not the whole alphabet yet. And he can sing the "ABC" song.
Jenna- Mikey already knows his full address and phone number?! Wow, that's great! I just started to teach Alex our address and haven't even attempted to teach him our phone number yet, but I want to teach him 911 for an emergency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:09 am 
Nikki,
Lets hope he does drive a porshe because maybe he will be making enough money to get mommy one too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:07 am 

YEah due to the fact that I get parinoid about things I have taught mikey his address, phone number and our full names. He knows my name is jenna but he calls me mommy. I just have this fear so everynight while we are eating dinner we go through it once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:47 pm 

Krissimace- Yeah, I'm sure if he can afford his own Porsche, he'll be able to get me something expensive too!

Jenna- That's a good idea....to go through it every night. That way it's easier for them to remember. Alex knows his last name, and it's funny because he hears me call my hubby "Jamie" so he will sometimes call daddy "Jamie" and he sometimes calls me "Nicole".
I think with all of that stuff, if you repeat it on a daily basis, they pick it up pretty quickly. But that's great Mikey knows all of the important stuff....I have to work on it with Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:15 pm 

I just figured out how Alex is going to afford a Porsche one day. He just told me he's going to be a doctor. I just told him we have to go to grandma's house at 3pm because Mommy has to drive grandma to the doctor. He said "I'm going to be a doctor".

I just noticed my new ticker from SnugglePie is not working. I think there's a problem with the site because it says I created one successfully but then when it goes to show me the sample I created, there's just an 'x' in a box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 pm 
Start saving up for college now! Looks like he's headed for med school!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:48 pm 

Yeah, talk about expensive! We've already started an account for him, so that should help a little.. :lol:

Well, I'm off to my mom's house to take her to the doctor.

I can't believe Lily is already standing up in her crib....she is strong!! And cute!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:41 pm 

At first I drilled it into him. My girlfriend Gina said I am going to make him paranoid too. But now that he knows it I just ask him every night so I make sure he doesn't forget. Oh speaking of Gina remember I mentioned she was put on that estrogen patch cause sex still hurt two years after the baby. She said it did the trick. No more pain. So it must have been that she was dry.
One time I was at the store with Mikey and I was paying and he kept saying mommy but I was busy so finally in this stern little voice he goes "JENNA!!!!" Got my attention.
A docto huh? Not too shabby. Mikey is going to be a train engineer he says in grampy can be the conductor.
I keep telling my husband we need to start an account. He keeps putting it off.