Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: junk food
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:03 am 

i'm 4-5 weeks pregnant and I've been trying to eat good food like carrots, milk, you know stuff that is good for you but I can't seem to stop eating junk food. I've been eating a lot of hotdogs and ice cream. Plus I eat a lot of chips. Is it good for the baby for you to eat so much junk?

Post subject: Junk Food
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:00 pm 

No, it is not healthy for you to eat junk food. First of all there are MANY reasons as to why. Just to let you know the trouble with eating unhealthy too often... my best friend is due July 5... she gained over 40 pounds before she was 6 months pregnant.... all she does is eat and sit around the house... she does no exercises what so ever!! She has gained so much weight that she can't stand up without her feet going to sleep on her and also her hands... this is very bad for her health and her baby's health because she has gained so much that it is restricting her from getting a lot of air and blood to the baby.... when she gets a little more closer to time they may have to take her baby early because of her large amount of weight gain!
Anyways, right now is when your baby is forming all it's major organs!! Also, if your like me and want to be able to lose your weight fast after having the baby then try to avoid junk food because that is extra fat and is the hardest to work off!! Here are a few web sites about nutrition for pregnancy... they tell you what you need- from what foods- and what it helps with your baby. The first two are about vitamins...etc. The last one is a real good one that tells you things to avoid and things to do to help the health of your baby. Good Luck!!

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advic ... ntdiet.htm

http://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_ ... cy_p2.html

http://www.bygpub.com/natural/pregnancy.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:45 pm 

Great advice Kendra!!
I tried to eat as healthy as I could during my pregnancy, I even forced myself to eat a little bit of meat even thought I'm not really a meat-eater. I would also try to get my protein through other food sources eg. low fat cheese, peanut butter (even though it's fattening), nuts, etc.
I cut out caffeine altogether and bought decaffeinated tea for myself.

Kendra-- For an 18 yr old you sound like a very mature and responsible person and smart too!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:38 pm 

Thank you Nikki. First of all, I try to do everything healthy for my baby and me because I have a very low immune system because of my mom not being too healthy--she was healthy but not as good as she could've been-- so I am trying to do things better for my baby. Everytime I have a question I ask someone on here and try to do a little research on it.

Teenage_Mom....
Good luck with these little tips... the more you try to eat healthy the more it will come to you and become normal!! Just try your best and think of the good that itwill come out of it for your baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm 

Giving up the junk food is sometimes not necessary. If you eat junk food, make it sure that you will eat more healthy food, twice as the amount of the junk. It will help your body balance in the foods you have taken in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:02 am 

Junk food is not good during pregnancy because it has no nutritious food. As a mother, we need to secure the health of the baby, especially while the baby still inside the womb of the mother. Mother needs to eat nutritious food also.

Post subject: Re: junk food
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:33 am 

As you are pregnant so you should eat those things by which your coming baby will be healthy.

Post subject: Re: junk food
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:54 am 

Actually, it's okay to eat junk food as long as you aren't only eating it. Anything in moderation is fine. Have a happy pregnancy! :D