Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:13 pm 

I went to the doctor yesterday and had my 2nd ultrasound done and everything was fine, the doctor didn't seem to be alarmed by anything, but my ultrasound i had she was on her back i could tell the outline of the stomach and the face, but this time she has rolled over and all i could see was the backside, and he showed us the bladded and kidneys and the lungs, heart, which he said everything was fine and the growth and the measurements are on track, 26 weeks and the baby is about 2lbs, and then a little over a foot long. but i was wondering if anyone has had the baby delievered like that, face down so to speak, than face up. but i was also wondering if the baby will turn back over and is this just one of those things that happen. I just wanted to be secure to make it wasn't the way that i was lying or anything, at 1st she, the nurse told me to lay on my left side?, and then the 2nd told me to lay whichever way it was comfortable for me to lay, which is my right side.

anyways any information would be great

PS has anyone else had the same feeling that when you are getting the ultrasound that you feel as if you were going to pass out, he said that was normal if was the way i was lying for the screening and the weight of everything, i wasn't worked up,

AND ITS A GIRL FOR SURE!!!!!! Madison Leigh Frauenknecht

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:40 pm 

Hi Brandy!

1)The baby can be born head down, either facing your front or your back. If she is facing your back than you will probably have back labour.

2)The baby can turn or flip at any time. My mom was in the delivery room waiting to deliver and my brother turned from breech to head down position! So the baby can turn at any time.

3)It's not the way you are lying, the nurse told you to lay on your left side b/c it is healthier for the baby. Thats why you are supposed to try and sleep on your left side. I would always have to lay on my back for ultrasounds and when you lay on your back, the baby puts pressure on some major vein or something and that is what is probably making you dizzy and lightheaded. It's ok to lay on your back for a short period of time but not to sleep on your back b/c it cuts off the oxygen supply to your baby I belive.

Anyway I hope I awnsered all of your questions! I worry about Hannah's position sometimes too! Congrats on finding out it's a girl!

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:27 am 

my mom had my brother like that he came out butt first!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:25 am 

This post is a year old. lol look at the date before you post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:02 am 

OPPPPSSSSS!!! Hey I was bored!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:38 am 

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:38 am 

For all of my ultrasounds except 1 Ava has had her head facing my spine. I was never worried. At least her head is down in the position it should be in. Don't worry about it,e verything is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:19 am 

OMG :roll: SAM is there any way you can delete posts when they get so old???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:41 am 

proudmama wrote:
For all of my ultrasounds except 1 Ava has had her head facing my spine. I was never worried. At least her head is down in the position it should be in. Don't worry about it,e verything is fine.

Your baby is 6 weeks along......... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:53 am 

um yea proudmama, you cannot feel your baby move or hear the heartbeat at 6 weeks...and even if you could see what position the baby is in it does not matter in the least b/c it is so tiny right now and it will move and turn all over the place in the next few months...and how many ultrasounds does somebody have by 6 weeks?!?! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:05 am 

??????? very odd :? I always thought at 6 weeks you cant really distinguish a head????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:16 am 

Proud mamas ticker is stuffed I have seen elsewhere on this site she has 6 weeks to go,not 6 weeks pregnant so she is actually 34 weeks,just thought I would clear that up :lol: