Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: kinda weird question
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:43 pm 
ok im not gonna outright ask the question just yet.. its not a parenting question, but more of a "post-delivery" question about physical stuff that happens after having a baby.. and i jsut wanted to check with people to make sure that it was ok i ask it on here.. cuz i could use some opinions, but i dont want to offend anyone due to the topic of the question...

let me know..

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:11 pm 

Go ahead and ask away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:13 pm 
well, its been a week since i had the baby.. as u can tell by my ticker) and the bleeding had subsided for the most part, i had to only use pantyliners, well today, i went to the grocery store, and came home, and when i got home, i went potty and was bleeding, and there was like (forgive the description) dark red/black looking uum, what are they called.. blood clots(?) is that normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:26 pm 

Bleeding can last up to 6weeks or longer and passing some clots is normal especially if you haven't been very mobile. I can't remember the size exactly but I think the nurses said clots shouldn't be bigger than the size of a quarter. If they are then they need to check to make sure of something..sorry again I can't remember. It was only a little over 5mos ago it was happening to me, but some of its a blur. If it continues or you're unsure you can always call to ask a nurse and they can tell you if you should come in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:30 pm 
okey dokey, see i thought the bleeding would stoip alltogether within a week, i didnt know it go for so long... and yeah up until today i havent been out of the house much except to take the trash out, ive kinda been lounging around and relaxing.. i had a really rough pregnancy, and my parents basically told me to chill out and relax a bit.. so ill keep the info in mind.. thank you :):):)

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:07 pm 
My books and doctor said that if the clot was bigger than a lemon with any foul smelling odor than you should get it checked out. I passed 3 a little smaller than lemons and was fine. You can always call the doctor though to check it out and make sure. The last thing you want is to have placenta left in you and it get infected. Chances are you are probably fine, but it never hurts to call the doc and ask. BTW, it was almost a complete month for me before my bleeding completly went away. It is different with everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:12 pm 

Ugh! Darnit! Wrong room again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:23 pm 

I bled the first time for about six weeks. And the more you are on your feet the more you bleed. My doctor had recommended for at least two weeks I should limit stuff like stairs to once per day. I agree with everyone else I am sure it's nothing but you can just mention it to your doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:42 am 

i bleed for 4 weeks with my son the reason why it gets heavy is cause u are doing more if u sit down all day it will be light but when u move it gets heavy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:01 pm 

If I remember correctly...I bled for about 6 weeks. I had some heavy stuff too. But if you are concerned...ask your doc!!

And Steve...you are the funniest!!! LOL!!

Hugs,

Beth