Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Let's Take a Poll
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:44 pm 

I was just wondering how old is every ones baby/child and what are they eating? What do they like and what do they not like? Any funny or cute experiences with food or trying new food? Lets have fun with this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:06 pm 

Hi,

My son will be turning 2 Sept 8th. He is a fairly good eater but goes through picky stages.
His favourite food is spaghetti with meatsauce (not too much meat in the sauce. He is not crazy about eating meat.
His favourtie veggies are cauliflower and broccoli and he also likes carrots. He will eat green beans and yellow beans as well.
Another food he really likes is potato and cheese perogies.....yum!
His favourtie fruit is bananas.

A funny thing he likes to do is try to feed my husband and I when we are all having supper together. Another funny thing is he likes to dip almost everything in kethcup......he loves ketchup and just about any kind of dipping sauce......this works well with vegetables. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:58 pm 

I've got a fresh one. My two year old daughter does NOT like meat .. any meat. She's practically a vegetarian. Tonight we decided to go to IHoP for dinner. I told her she could eat some of my french toast. When the food got there she asked for my french toast. I was planning to give her a little bit of everything I had, and just happened to give her a little bit of sausage first. She picked it up, looked at it, said "I'm eating Daddy's french toast!" and ate it. I didn't bother to correct her, and she ended up eating two sausage links, calling it french toast the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:01 pm 

maile is 16.5 mos old im nursing . but maile loves french fries and organic fruit leather and anything from a fast food place... when we let her eat it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:29 am 

Lyric is 10mths old, she LOVES green beans and chicken nuggets.
She eats all solid foods now, no more baby food... Funny story, we went to Denny's one day i had ordered French Toast, well the butter they bring you with it was whipped and in another bowl, the waiter put it down, Lyric REACHED OVER GRABBED the butter with her hand shoved it in her mouth lol it was sooo funny she had the look on her face like EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WTF is this?? lol, she ate more of my french toast then i did too lol she loved it...
lyric also LOVES ravioli, mac and cheese, and arby's roast beef lol

Post subject: Poll
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:16 pm 

Hi, Mom of two kids here. My son just turned two on August 17th and I had my daughter on August 12th of this year. I am so happy to hear my son is not the only one who doesn't eat me. I have to admit he will try it. He puts it in his mouth. But he just doesn't like it. I found out the only meat he does really like is ham..........which I never used to make cause my husband and I hate ham. Figures. He does love his vegtables so I don't get crazy over the meat. The doctor actually told me to cut back on his carrots cause the bottom of his feet were turning orange. He loves pizza. Friday night is pizza night and he is thrilled to see the pizza guy.
I am also so proud to say that my son is really enjoying his new baby sister. He tells me all the time how much he loves her. He is always kissing her head. Here is a funny story which I am sure is very common. I was changing her the other day and he was "helping" like he does by handing me diapers and wipes. He noticed her winky was missing. I tried explaining that she's a girl and only boys have winkies but he was not buying this. It was very funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:41 pm 

My daughter also does not like meat. She eats macaroni and cheese, grilled cheese, french toast/waffles/flap jacks, cheese, Cheerios, Oatmeal, Cinnamon bagels (no butter), spaghetti or any pasta, yogurt, applesauce, bananas, the Gerber mixed fruit, ice cream (when we let her have some) and just recently she ate a chicken nugget and some french fries. I'd say oatmeal is her absolute favourite though.