Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:27 pm 

Hi,

Today when I was getting my son dressed I noticed he had little flesh-coloured, and a few red bumps on the back of his legs(calves and upper thigh) both legs and the back of his upper arms. You can really notice them in the natural light and feel them because they are raised.

I checked the rest of his body and didn't see them anywhere else but the back of his legs and arms. They do not seem to bother him or itch and he doesn't appear to have any other symptoms of illness.

Anyone else experience something like this with their children?? Any ideas of what it could be. I was thinking it may be Milia or Molluskum warts but am not sure or maybe an allergic reaction to something, we have occasionally used some new Shrek bubblebath. :?:
I will have to see how it goes and maybe make an appt. with his doctor just to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:18 pm 

Well I think I found the answer to my question just by doing a little research. It looks like what he has is Keratosis Pilaris.....I'm almost positive this is what he has and it's funny because my husband has the exact same thing on the back of his arms......it's a chronic condition, harmelss, and very difficult to treat... I guess it's hereditary as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:20 pm 

My little ones get bumps that look like that mostly when they get viruses. I freak out anytime my kids have reactions, so we spend a lot of time at the pediatrician!! Seriously, though, you could try giving the child Benadryl. Most alergic reactions dissapear rather quickly with that. :)

Post subject: bumps
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:35 pm 

my niece has had those same bumps from head to toe sinse she was born.... went through tests for years now and she is 5 years old. all she has is sensitive skin and so that bubble bath might be a good cause too... she has to drink bottled water too... even tap water in baths make her skin irritated. my sister had to install a water softener... it might be a possibility for your little man.