Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lots of Questions????
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:00 pm 

Ok,...Sorry guys but I Just have so many questions....
So I'm 19 and my parents are going to freak out,...any suggestions?
I'm almost 7 weeks,...and i'm pretty sick and tired this is normal right?
So when do I get to find out the sex of my baby?
What should I expect to happen my first doc appt?
OK I have lots more I really would like to hear some of your stories....Thanks for taking time and answering some question!!
THANKS!!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:15 pm 

Sick and tired are definetely normal. I am still exhausted and I am about 14 weeks. As far as when you can find out the sex, usually about 18-20 weeks pregnant. About when to go to the doctor, you probably can go anytime. My doctor wanted to see me between 8-10 weeks pregnant and you are about there. Just make sure you are honest with your parents. They might be really mad and give you the silent treatment for a while but they will come around and grow to love that baby. My sister got pregnant at 18 and our family was really mad at first but now we love her little boy and wouldn't trade him in for anything. The akward/mad phase didn't last very long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:37 pm 

ok,..so when should I start showing?? or when do you normally start showing?? has anyone heard of being RH- b/c I am and i was just wondering if anyone else is???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:02 pm 

I started showing a little about 2 and half months and now am showing more at about 3 and a half months. I heard around 4 months is when is gets pretty noticeable but everyone is different. Yes I have heard about being Rh-, because I am. My husband is Rh+ which is where the problem presents itself. All that happens, if your partner is a positive is that you get a shot (called Rhogam) at 28 weeks and then another shot right after delivery if your baby has postive blood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:23 pm 

I'm RH-,...but I'm not sure what my b'f is??? so that's it there are no other pronlems with that to worry about??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:00 pm 

Well.....the potential problem is that, like in my case, if my baby has positive blood since I am a negative my body could attack it as a foreigner. From what they told me, the body doesn't necessarily have time to build up the antibodies again the baby in the first pregnancy but it is more likely to have a problem with subsequent pregnancies. They told me that the shot (Rhogam) should take care of any potential problems and not to worry. I have had many family members with this problem and none have turned out to have any problems. If your boyfriend is positive, just follow the doctor's advice, get the shots and everything should be ok.

Post subject: your parents
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:43 pm 

Hi, I'm 20 yrs old ( 18 wks) and was also scared to tell my family, but noone has shouted or told me they are disappointed in me, which was what I was expecting. Everyone has been so supportive, and I'm sure your parents will too. They love you and will only want whats best for you, your having a baby not dying. Good luck in telling them!!

P.S Felt my baby Kick for the first time this week.....its so wierd. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:54 pm 

Thanks for all the advice,..I'll keep it in mind,....I go to the doctor tom for the first time,.....I still haven't told my parents ,..I'm just to scared!!
Is Anyone due Around April?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:39 pm 

Hi! I just wanted to say that our situations sound fairly similar! I'm 21, exactly 6 weeks along today, and scared to tell my parents! lol I did an online due date calculator, and it said I'm due April 20th. Kinda cool cuz my dad's birthday is the 19th! Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in being scared to tell your parents!

How was your appointment?

Last edited by shortcake on Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:55 pm 

Hey shortcake,
How can you be 6 months along if your due date is April 20th? Did you mean 3 months along? Anyways, hope you have a great pregnancy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:19 pm 

Whoops!!! I meant weeks, sorry! I'll correct that in my post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:15 am 

I'm 21 and was afraid to tell my parents too! But my boyfriend (now husband) came with me and we told them. At first they were fine, then they went through a period where they were angry and hurt, but they got over it. Now they cannot WAIT to be grandparents. My mom has been my biggest supporter (trust me there are times when its 12am and you have a question about pregnancy and your mom is the best person to ask). I highly reccommend telling them sooner rather than later. I wanted to wait a while, but now I'm so glad I didn't. The sooner you tell them, the sooner they can get over the shocked/hurt/mad phase and be happy about a new life!! If you ever want to talk I'd love to talk to you! I've been though this. I know this part is rough but I promise it gets better. And you're going to be a mommie! Congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:31 pm 

Thanks You Girls,..for all the advice!!! See why I'm So scared is because I already told them once when I was 18 that I was pregnant,..then I ended up having a miscarrage at 12 weeks,...I'm about 8weeks now,..so thats why I'm so scared,.....

Post subject: I've been there
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:49 am 

Hi I was 20 when I got pregnant for the first time. I was married and my parents thought that was gonna flop so I knew they would freak out especially my dad. So We told my husbands mother a little less than 2 months after we got back from our hunny moon. She wasn't happy. My dad we told seperatly I thought he was going to kill me.

He wasn't happy but he was there right after she was born. AND every day after for 2 months straight. The thing is he doesn't even live or work close by. Its hard but in the end it really will work out for the best. Now I'm on #2 still with my husband of 5 years and doing GREAT! Love really is all the matters in the end. Oh yeah and money helps tooo!!!!!

Kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:26 pm 

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage! That must be very hard. If you feel you should wait to tell them, then wait! After 16 weeks a miscarriage is highly unlikely. It's your baby and it's your decision. How did your parents react the first time you told them? At least you're a little older now, right? :)