Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:46 pm 

I need some reassurances here!

My wife is pregnant with our first child. We've been trying for a while now and finnally our hopes and dreams have come true! We went to the doctor today to get "the official" results of our pregancy and we were told that the good news was tht she was pregnant! However, the bad news is that her progesterone level was a bit low, 13 to be exact.

The doctor told us that a 15 or 20 was great and below 10 was bad. I want to know where we stand! I'm just a caveman and I have no idea how to interpret this news. I want to be optimistic, but should I be? What are the odds?

We have another appointment Wednesday to check her levels and get an ultrasound. Any help or reply is needed and apprectiacted

Boris65

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:39 pm 

Try this link:

http://www.parentsplace.com/expert/obgyn/qas/0,,166297_113610,00.html?arrivalSA=1&cobrandRef=0&arrival_freqCap=1&pba=adid=9368326

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:45 pm 

Thank you for the link! It did answer a lot of question. In fact we looked at a few more from that Dr. and now feel a little better, and a little more hopeful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:16 am 

I understand completely where you are coming from with being confused and wondering what is going on. My hcg levels are slowly rising and are not doubling like they should be, and my progetesterone level is exactly at ten...I am also bleeding. But bleeding with my hcg levels still rising. I am in total confusion, as are my doctors. They don't know what to tell me, except that we have to play the waiting game to find out what is going on. I have my hcg levels taken every other day, and have been for two weeks now, as well continuing to. Last Friday I had an ultrasound and they seen a gestational sac, and that was it. The pregnancy is in a such an early stage (only four weeks or so) so it was hard to even really see anything. I have another ultrasound this Friday. Hopefully all will be well for me, but I hold very little hope. I suffered a miscarriage in April, and can almost positively seeing this one ending the same. We'll soon see if the baby continues to grow along with my hcg levels, or if the bleeding gets heavier and my hcg levels go down. It is terrible not knowing, especially when your doctors don't know any more than you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:25 pm 

If your wife continues to suffer from a low progesterone level there is definitely something the doctor can do. They make a progesterone cream for that type of situation. I am on the progesterone cream for my first trimester because I've suffered 2 miscarriages previously. My progesterone level isn't low this time but my dr. wanted to be sure that wasn't the problem and I guess it's one of those things that won't hurt you either way. So while there is reason to be concerned, it's not completely hopeless.