Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:42 pm 

HANNAH POOPED ON THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!

Hooray!

She went up to her mother and said "I'm going poopy". Mrs. Steve said, "Are you going right now?" Hannah said, "No, not yet." So, Mrs. Steve rushed the little girl into the bathroom, where she did her business! We were so excited we took her to the Disney store and let her pick out a treat, despite the fact that we shouldn't be spending money on anything right now. She picked out a set of Nemo figurines. Sadly, she pooped in her diaper later in the day without telling us until AFTERWARD, but it's a step!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:10 am 

WOOOHOOOOO!!! That is great news.
And how is jackson feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:27 pm 

Jenna, you said that Payton is eating more from the table...and I remember you saying that the doctor told you that you could feed her whatever you ate? (Do I remember that right?) Is there anything you aren't supposed to feed her? I am just curious because I only just started feeding Jake 2nd foods... I haven't talked to our doctor because he hasn't had his 6 month checkup yet - it was rescheduled for this month because dopctor was on maternity leave.

About Mikey - If you are uncomfortable testing him, then don't. You can always challenge him whether you know the results of a test or not.

Steve - That is great that Hannah pooped on the potty! It reminded me of a funny(kind of) story...My friend's daughter is potty training and they can't get her to go on the potty if she is wearing diapers or underwear. So at home they let her go around with out pants on. She will pee in the potty but only poop in her diaper. So the other day she had no diaper on and went into her room and hid beside her dresser and pooped! When she saw it on the floor she got scared and started to scream and walked in it and tracked it all around the room!

Glad it wasn't me! :lol: (I hope I didn't just jinx myself)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:40 pm 

YEah the doctor said I can give her what we are eating. Which I do but I can't judge if she's getting enough plus it takes her forever to chew. So what I do is feed her cereal and her vegtable. Stage 2. Then we sit down to eat and she takes little tastes of what I am eating. This way I am sure she's getting enough but still tasting new things. Does that make sense? Plus she still has no teeth so chewing our food is tough.
I think I would rather not have him tested. But my husband doesn't feel the same. He hasn't bought it up again so I won't either.
That is a funny story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:08 pm 

jenna103 wrote:

He's still running an on-and-off fever. We're not sure what's going on. Other than the fever and being kind of tired (took another 2.5 hour nap today) he seems just fine. We're thinking maybe he's getting his top teeth, which would cause both symptoms. He's got his nine month checkup on Thursday, so unless he gets worse we'll just hold off taking him to the doc until then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:48 pm 

Way to go Hannah. I have started giving my little guy the Lil Entrees. The prepackaged meals for little ones. He can almost eat the entire thing (my little piggy). Things get a little hectic so all you have to do is warm them up & serve. They are already bite size for the most part. Very convenient for me. Honey shouldn't be given until after 1yr old and anything else not pasteurized. Here's an exerpt from some site about allergy foods. I think the main one I steered clear of was nuts & nut products until 2yrs cause it runs in my family. My dd was also allergic to tomatoes/tomato products, which can be an allergy food.
Q: I've heard babies shouldn't have some foods until they're older. Which ones?
A: Some foods can cause an allergic reaction in babies and should be avoided for baby's first year, especially if there's a family history of allergies. They include cow's milk, eggs (especially the whites), wheat, corn, chocolate, citrus fruits and juices, fish and seafood, and nuts, legumes, and seeds (particularly peanuts?including peanut butter?and soybeans).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:34 pm 

Tameka has begun much here lately to surprise me! Let's see... her baby bed is beside my bed and last night she woke up and reached her arm between the rails at me (because she saw me looking at her) so that I would get her, then this morning I was getting clothes up to go to town and my husband was watching Meka and he said "Kendra... LOOK!" I looked at Meka and she had pulled herself up and was standing in her baby bed holding on to the railing... she can stand in our living room and hold onto the coffee table and walk from end to end... she gets into the crawling position and starts to crawl but when she moves her legs fall out from underneath her (she goes in circles :lol: and backwards.. not forwards yet)... we have began stage 2 foods (and she loves it!!) especially the Chicken Noodle Soup, Mac and Cheese and the Macaroni Tomatoe (something... forgot the name) and when I say the ABCs to her she moves her mouth like she is saying them and makes noises.... even though she just normally says "E" and "A"... she also waves goodbye and if she doesn't fully wave she'll wiggle her fingers. Okay... sorry so much but I normally don't get to get on here as often as I would like because for some reason right now she is "attached at the hip to me" and doesn't want to go to anyone but me... but all this has happened in the past two weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:36 pm 

The info we have is that egg yolks are fine .. egg whites are not. Another tip -- you can buy cashew butter and when kids are able to handle bread, a cashew butter sandwich is a pretty good substitute for peanut butter. For some reason, there's no problems with cashew allergies. I've mentioned it before, but the book "Super Baby Food" is my wife's bible on what to feed the kids. It goes through when foods are safe and teaches you to make your own baby food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:39 pm 

DadSteve wrote:
jenna103 wrote:

He's still running an on-and-off fever. We're not sure what's going on. Other than the fever and being kind of tired (took another 2.5 hour nap today) he seems just fine. We're thinking maybe he's getting his top teeth, which would cause both symptoms. He's got his nine month checkup on Thursday, so unless he gets worse we'll just hold off taking him to the doc until then.

Not to scare you Steve but is it possible it can be something else? I know you run a fever when your body is fighting off an infection. Can they check to see if there is an infection?
I think I am calling Mikey's doctor tomorrow. He has dots all over his stomach since yesterday. There is 11 of them. They don't itch him but they are fairly big and all over

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:43 pm 

Mom of 2 wrote:
I think the main one I steered clear of was nuts & nut products until 2yrs cause it runs in my family.

My husband is allergic to a nut. Not peanuts cause those he eats but he can't eat mixed nuts cause there is something in there that will close his throat. We were told to keep Mikey away from peanuts until he was 1. Well, when we went a few weeks ago for a check up the doctor said the american pediatric board has changed that and all children should stay away from any nuts until 3. That includes peanut butter and it doesn't matter if there is a nut allergy or not in the family. They are finding kids who eat is earlier then three have a very high likelihood of being allergic to it later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:45 pm 

Kendra04 wrote:
Okay... sorry so much but I normally don't get to get on here as often as I would like because for some reason right now she is "attached at the hip to me" and doesn't want to go to anyone but me... but all this has happened in the past two weeks.

No problem we love to hear. I think it's between the ages of 6 and 10 months that seperation anxiety really kicks in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:59 am 

jenna103 wrote:
Not to scare you Steve but is it possible it can be something else? I know you run a fever when your body is fighting off an infection. Can they check to see if there is an infection?

It's possible. He really seems fine, though. Regardless of whether he is or isn't, we're taking him to the doc on Thursday for the checkup. My guess is teeth or lingering flu.

jenna103 wrote:
I think I am calling Mikey's doctor tomorrow. He has dots all over his stomach since yesterday. There is 11 of them. They don't itch him but they are fairly big and all over

Chicken pox? Those itch, though, don't they? Sounds like it could even be hives of some sort. Hrmm. Keep us updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:10 pm 

Just got back from the doctor and he doesn't know. Hmm not the answer I was looking for. He said it could be chicken pox, or a allergy to something or just one of those things that leaves just as quickly as it appears. He said to watch it and any worse or any other sypmtoms I should call him. My husband was not happy with that and thinks we should get a second opinion. But it doesn't bother Mikey at all so I think I am okay with waiting it out. What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:16 pm 
Lily held her bottle all by herself tonight. I was so excited! Lets hope it lasts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:02 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Just got back from the doctor and he doesn't know. Hmm not the answer I was looking for. He said it could be chicken pox, or a allergy to something or just one of those things that leaves just as quickly as it appears. He said to watch it and any worse or any other sypmtoms I should call him. My husband was not happy with that and thinks we should get a second opinion. But it doesn't bother Mikey at all so I think I am okay with waiting it out. What do you guys think?

If you have an inkling that the doctor might not know what he's talking about .. go to another one and get it checked out. Doctors aren't always correct.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next