Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Maybe U can help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:24 pm 

Sorry

Last edited by HRATL on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:57 pm 

It sounds to me like she is really ingrateful! And that she is taking advantage of you! :( Does she only call when she wants something? It's obvious that she is either really cold and careless or just not all that bright. I'm really sorry that your grandchild has to be raised by someone this selfish. If I were you I wouldn't help her anymore... and if she calls to ask you for something, just tell her why. Even though it is ideal to have a relationship with your children's significant others, you can still have a relationship with your grandchild without being really close to it's mother. I hope this is just one of those pregnant hormonal phases, for your sake. You seem really sweet and it just sucks when nice people are taken advantage of and treated badly.

Post subject: Thank you Halley's_momma
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:10 pm 

Thank you very much
Halley's mommy

Last edited by HRATL on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:19 pm 

deleted

Last edited by dakky68 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:39 pm 

I hope she comes around and realizes what a good grandma you will be. My husband and I are seperated and his mother doesn't even call. I have called her but she doesn't call us and I am having her second grandchild. She does'nt know how lucky she is. I hope she grows up soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:42 pm 
I don't mean this in an offensive way but have you asked your son exactly what type of woman he got himself involved with? And have you also considered the fact that with them seperated, she maybe realizing that she is going to have 2 children in the world that are going to have two different fathers, neither of whom had the decency to marry her when they got her pregnant. She might be feeling really guilty about what type of situation she is in and is hurting your son through you. I'm not defending her, I'm just asking where is your son in all of this and why did he get some girl pregnant and then not do right by her? You raised him this way and she might be seeing that and be mad at you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:56 am 

I don't believe that just because you get someone pregnant that you should marry them. That is ridiculous. This is part of the reason why the divorce rate is so high. I don't believe in divorce myself unless it is an abuse situation or cheating, etc. But this lady is talking about a girl who is not a very good person, why would he want to spend the rest of his life attached to her in misery when he could someday soon find the love of his life who will make him happy. I am not defending his poor choice of being with her or getting her pregnant, I believe that he made a bad decision in that regard but that doesn't mean that he should marry her and live with this manipulating, irresponsible, apathetic girl. In cases where both people are normal and nice and one gets pregnant then yes by all means marry if it is a good situation. I know marriage is work and that is probably your argument that they should work through the hard times. But he should not put himself through something with this girl which will probably end in divorce which is hard for children, very expensive, and hard for both people and families involved. He can be a good and very involved father without getting married. He'll see the baby just as much as if they were to get married which would most likely end in divorce (by how this girl is described).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:15 am 
I understand that the divorce rate is high, I also understand that he created a new life, an innocent person who has no control of a situation. The woman's son should put that child's well being first. He didn't even have the decency to stay with her through her pregnancy a time of hormones gone crazy, scares and happy moments. So instead of staying there with this woman he must have had feelings for at one time and raising his child he left. So now this child is going to end up fatherless, with a mother who probably has serious issues, one grandmother and based on this girls record countless men entering and leaving this child's life. Maybe he should be held accountable for his actions. In this day and age there are so many advances in birth control, unwanted pregnancies are easily avoided. He should take care of business now as a man and not a boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:40 am 

I

Last edited by HRATL on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:06 am 

I TOTALLY dissagree with the person that said that "he should have done right by this girl, and married her." I'm sorry but that's just silly. Marriage should NEVER EVER EVER be entered into because someone is pregnant! I know firsthand, as a product of a marriage entered upon as a result of pregnancy, that this is diastrous. People should get married because they love eachother. When people are forced together, it rarely works out. A child can still have a happy life with two loving parents (even 4 loving parents) without them being married. And to question the way this woman raised her son, because he didn't marry this woman, is wrong. She came here for advice and support... not to be judged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:54 am 

I agree with you completely!! Like I already posted above. I am glad we have the same viewpoints! What will happen, he will marry her and then when the child is old enough to know what's going on they'll get a divorce for a reason we knew all along, that is ridiculous. But I didn't think it was worth fighting with a previous poster over so I just gave up. I didn't know how old she was or what point of view she was bringing so I didn't find it worth it. But I am glad to see you agree. It is a rational, adult point of view!! Glad you posted!