Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: measuring small
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:23 pm 

Hi Ladies
I am 33 weeks pregnant and am measuring 31 cm. Ever since my OB started measuring (I guess @ 25 weeks) I have been "right on." The cm always coincided with the number of weeks pregnant so this visit caused me to be a little concerned. My doctor was not worried and, while I trust her explicitly, I'd still feel better hearing from anyone who has been in this situation...measuring smaller than you "should" at any point in your pregnancy. Did your uterus eventually "catch up?" Did you deliver a small baby?

I'm sure I'm being paranoid because this little gal is as strong as can be and never fails to let me know she's still in there but for some reason this pregnancy has me more worried than my first...and with no real reason for doing so!

I'd appreciate any feedback!
The whole thing is rather ironic because I FEEL huge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:20 am 

oh hun, don't worry about that! You're supposed to measure AROUND your # of weeks, not exactly the same! You are measuring just FINE! I wasn't exact, and I never worried about it either. It does not in any way mean that your baby is small. Especially twoards the end it differs so, and it depends on the baby's position when you're measured too! Like I said I wasn't exactly the same as my # of weeks, and my daughter was almost 9 lbs!

There is nothing to worry about! Besides your doctor knows what she is doing :wink: if there was reason to be worried then she would let you know, especially if you specifically asked about it! You're only 1 cm "off" anyway! RELAX and enjoy the last of your free time!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:20 pm 

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. But during my last u/s, I was told the my embryo (?) was only 5 weeks old, and the gest. sac was 6 weeks old. The nurse said she wasn't going to "call it yet", because stranger things have happened, but it was probably early preg. failure. I got my HCG results to confirm later, and they were perfect, at 52,000. I am so confused, and so emotionally lost. Anyone know what this means? Or which i should count on, the u/s size, or my bloodwork? I am now probably over 8 weeks, still feel pregnant, no bleeding, etc. Please HELP!!
Sara :?