Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Miscarriages
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:27 am 

I was just wondering, is it possible to have a miscarriage and a period at the same time? I really would appreciate any info that anyone can give me on this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:55 pm 

Having your period while you're pregnant usually means you're having a miscarriage. It's technically a miscarriage and not your regular period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:03 pm 

A miscarriage acts like a period but the only difference is usually there is clotting and its bright red. Also, if you are pregnant and bleeding it's a miscarriage or may indicate one is about to happen a period only occurs while you are not pregnant so no you can not have both at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:28 pm 

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether I'm just having my period or if it is a miscarriage. I didn't have the money to go out and get tested so I just figured I'd wait to see if I had my period. Then I "started" or so I thought. So I decided to look up information on miscarriages to see if maybe I had one. I'm still very confused. If anyone could tell me how to tell the difference I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:24 pm 

Hi,
I had a miscarriage about a year ago,.....See i only bleed the day of the miscarriage and it hurt really bad,....the pain would be more in the middle than really on any side,...when i had my miscarriage i was about 11 to 12 weeks,....and Like I said it hurt lots worse than any period i had ever had,....and it was really lite bleeding during the day,...then when i went to go to bed,...this sounds really gross but i just started gussin' with blood that wouldn't stop and the horrible pain,...so i hope this will kinda help you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:02 am 

That's exactly what happened. I had extreme pains throughout it and it didn't feel like a period and it was very strange. I bled for 6 days, which is not normal for just a period and I had the light bleeding at night, but very heavy (like gushing) during the day. I have been sick as well. I'm pretty sure I had a miscarriage :( Thank you all for your help. At least now I know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:09 pm 

Let us know how you're doing sweetie. Did you want to get pregnant? Even if you didn't, I know a miscarriage is a devastating thing to go through. We're here to help you if we can!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:28 pm 

I'm doing okay. I was only 4 weeks pregnant, but it still hurt. I really didn't want to be pregnant, but I had become excited about it towards the end. I definatly learned that if I'm going to be having sex I need to either wear protection and if I don't I need to make sure the guy will stick around. I really was ready to raise a baby on my own, but sometimes I guess they know better. It just wasn't my time and I can accept that, it will just take me some time. Thanks for listening though. :)