Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MIXEDBABY BLUES!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:18 pm 

Hi everyone! My name is Robyn andi have a almost 4 month old mixed baby! she is mixed with black and white!i dont know much about the black background like certain diseases that they could be born with or give to there kids! i know in some whites they have jaundice but what about sickle cell. I have never been with a black guy before this is my first one ever and i have no idea how to do hair and he hasnt been to helpful with him never havin to do his! i dont know what to put in her hair or what to help mmake her skin not get ashy can some one please help!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:08 pm 

Hey there I am a cosmetology student who is graduating in Dec. For your daughter's hair, use a shampoo made for blacks because other shampoo will dry it out. You usually can find it at like walmart or Sally's beauty supply(if u have one where u live) and use a conditioning such as hair mayonaise. For her skin, u can use a deep moisturizing lotion. Coco butter is the best. I hope I helped!

Shannan :D

Post subject: Re: MIXEDBABY BLUES!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:03 am 

This board isnt even worth it, i dont know why i waste my time. It is truely amazing that this baby is 4 months old, and this mother has never once mentioned her concerns to her childs doctor, because if she she had, she wouldnt be asking them here.. but thats just my opinion, But ya know what they say, opinions are like a******s, everyones got one, and they all stink.

bye bye now! :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Melisalee on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:47 am 

I agree Melisa. How many babies are born mixed and you don't see them labeling them as mixed baby or label themselves as mixed baby momma.
JMO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:51 pm 

Melisalee wrote:
mixedracebabymomma05 wrote:
Hi everyone! My name is Robyn andi have a almost 4 month old mixed baby! she is mixed with black and white!i dont know much about the black background like certain diseases that they could be born with or give to there kids! i know in some whites they have jaundice but what about sickle cell. I have never been with a black guy before this is my first one ever and i have no idea how to do hair and he hasnt been to helpful with him never havin to do his! i dont know what to put in her hair or what to help mmake her skin not get ashy can some one please help!??

im sorry, but i find this post very offensive... black, white, mexican, asian, japanese, and so on... we are ALL THE SAME, yeah, some races have higher chances of certain illnesses and such, but why not just look at your baby like she is a baby, not this black baby who is going to wind up with a hundred different diseases just because she is black... when a white couple has a baby, yeah they worry about sicknesses, but they dont ask complete strangers about "white diseases"... i find it obsurd that you would jump into this forum wanting to know about illnesses that "blacks" carry.... maybe if your that worried, do some research... you are after all, on the internet...

I think you're being too sensitive. African-Americans are more prone to some diseases than whites. Sickle cell anemia is the best example I can think of. Additionally, she's looking for baby care tips that seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:16 pm 

What is wrong with asking about other races? every person and every race is different. women are more prone to breast cancer than men, men are more prone to baldness.
Melisalee, I think your post was down right rude!
I am not even going to name my race because it's irrelevant how ever If I had a baby of another race I would no nothing about how to take care of things like hair or what they need to be checked for maybe it's all the same maybe it's a little different duno. we all are the same, we're human people but our gentics are all very different
I think it's a fair question this is a parents support board for help and support
Robyn you may want to check with your babys doctor with your health concerns maybe there is a book or something you can get in regards to her hair
all and all good luck to you all babies are beautiful!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:59 am 

Melisalee wrote:
This board isnt even worth it, i dont know why i waste my time. It is truely amazing that this baby is 4 months old, and this mother has never once mentioned her concerns to her childs doctor, because if she she had, she wouldnt be asking them here.. but thats just my opinion, But ya know what they say, opinions are like a******s, everyones got one, and they all stink.

If the board isn't "worth it" why do you come on? She never said she didn't ask her doctor. Maybe she did and didn't like the answer? In any case, you shouldn't assume and besides that, she was asking for help. There's no need to be so rude.

Amy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:34 am 

JaysonsMom wrote:
Melisalee wrote:

If the board isn't "worth it" why do you come on? She never said she didn't ask her doctor. Maybe she did and didn't like the answer? In any case, you shouldn't assume and besides that, she was asking for help. There's no need to be so rude.

Amy

guess what, its a free country, LOL and i am a rude person, get over it :D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:05 am 

I think that the manner in which the post was made was the issue here. There is nothing wrong at all with mixed marriages and the children they have. I must admit that when I read it I did not know if she was serious or someone that found this site and decided to make a crazy post.

People just need to relax. Everyone is so quick to jump all over someone else these days.

But her last post if anything shows that she is not the most mature person in the world. The issue could have been diffused rather than tossing more fuel on the fire.

just my opinion.