Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:42 am 

hey girls was wondering if you could help me out figure out this puzzle,

ive been having contractions pretty strong lately , they last about 1 to 1 min and a half and have a 5 mins difference between them , yesturday it went down to 4 mins difference... I went to the hospital Last monday because of the strong contractions ,and they sent me home saying i wasent dialated yet .Then on Wenesday i started to get redish vaginal discharge so i called the hospital they told me to rush down must be my fluid, so i did . Before i rushed down i took a bath to suith the contractions and i felt icky with the stuff that was coming out and changed my panty liner , when i got to the hospital they got me on monitors etc and when they looked at my spotting they laughed at me , i was embaressed . But thing was i had just changed it and they hadent seen the previous spotting that was more then just a spot. Then they examined me to see if i was dialating, but no i wasent so they sent me home , i was so upset i broke down crying like a baby when i heard the girl next to me being told she was getting her water broke , she was shouting of joy when i told her to shut up already lol *bad temper* then i felt so humiliated hearing the hurses having a laugh over my spotting , i wanna to rip off the contraction monitor belts and hit someone , i even told my fiance to back off and leave.My mother called the hospital to see what was so funny afterwards and the lady told her and explained to her that spotting can be caused by the exams , because they touch the uterus but i dont see anything funny with concern for my first pregnancy , i understand it can be caused by that but this morning it got bigger spotting like im starting my periods.I am so frustrated , i dont wanna go to the hospital and only get sent home again , ive been sent home 4 times already .. whats happening to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 am 
You are being a normaol first time mother :) Don't worry. Alot of woman having thier first end up with a bunch of false alrams for exactly the same reason. When I went I WAS IN LABOR! And I got there and they asked me if it was my first and I said yes and I could see exactly what they were thinking..."oh here's another one". So they put me in the room and told me they were going to moniter me. Those contractions were hitting really hard on the moniter but they still did not think I was in labor and wanted to send me home, but I refused and told them to moniter me some more. I was dialated like 1 1/2 cm. So they gave me morphine (I am still mad about that) and that made my contractions almost stop! I was really mad about that! Then about 6 hours later the doctor came in and checked me> was then 3 cm dialated and she STILL wanted to send me home. She said "well we can either send you home or try to induce but you will most likely end up with a c-section. I was furious at that point! I told them I was not going home and to induce. 7 hours later Lily was born vaginally! I could have killed that doctor. She was a fill in to! So to make a long sorry short....if you are worried you go in as many times as you want. You are paying them! Mothers instinct is always right! Follow it. You don't want to ignore it and have something happen to your baby. And if they laugh at you again, ask to talk to the person in charge of the hospital!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:58 am 

i wish they would induce, i asked them to keep me but they always say they cant until im dialtated , and the doctors are soo ruff , prolly no wonder why im bleeding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:04 am 
I kept asking to be induced also. I would leave the office in tears because I was past my due date and they would not indude. I thought that was all it would take. But your cervix has got to atleast be favorable for it to work or else you run a REALLY high risk of having to have a c section and possibly harming the baby. He will come! I promise :) And it is normaol to bleed after and exam, even if they did it with a feather, that area is so sensitive and filled with blood.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregna ... h/173.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:39 pm 
hey pinkstar... i hope all is well. ya know what hun, u go to that hospital as many times as u need too! and ill tell u what, theyre gonna mess around ONE time and they are gonna be byusting their a**es because they arent ready for u to deliver,, hell, the nurses told my doc he had an hour to get there, i delivered 25 minutes after that, my doc never made it. they dont need to ignore whats going on, its YOUR body! only u know what is really happening. i walked into the hospital to b induced, i told them i was in labor, i couldnt sit, or walk, amnd my nurse took FOREVER to get stuff set up, they didnt check me until 45 minutes after i got there, even though i TOLD them i was in labor! you do what u need to do :) and u tell them off if u need to! and like krissi said, talk to someone in charge if things just arent feeling right to you.. Good luck girl:):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:43 pm 

thank you , i will sure as well do that ....

gotta watch my language around here now * rolls eyes* llollll :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:16 pm 
Wow, things are getting a bit rough over here in the pregnancy forum. I think I will bow out gracefully from this side of the forum and just stick to the parenting side. I'm not pregnant anyway so use whatever language you guys would like and have fun :) See ya on the parenting side :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:55 pm 

11 days and ill be there as well , i didnt mean it twards your reply on the other post i meant twards the lady saying our hormones were bad ... your a cool chik ;) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:59 pm 
lol.. at least we know that all the regulars seems to get along great :):)

*GROUP HUG!!*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:59 pm 
no problem :) I was not upset with you in any way shape or form :) Hope that little one comes soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:57 am 

i hope so too ! HUGGGGGG if you got msn or paltalk let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:17 pm 

You guys are hillarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pinkstar I just had a bad experience down here too with the stupid hospital! You're not too far away so it's probably not much different. get in, have your little boy, and get the heck outta there! AND DON'T TAKE NO *YOU-KNOW-WHAT* FROM THEM! You give them a good talkin to if you get any trouble! LOL :wink: I hope your experience is better than mine! Stupid Canadian healthcare... :evil: :roll:

GOOD LUCK HUN!

HUGS :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:56 pm 

im not even dialated yet?!?!?! whats the heck is goin on , i mean how long before i start something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:59 pm 
hang in there hun!!!! youll make it, i was basically only 1 cm, at 40 weeeks and 2 days, the day i got induced, i went into labor before i even got to the hospital for uinduction!! maybe you will get lucky, just thikn happy thoughts, and walk and walk and walk, and jsut do what you can, stay busy, itll happen! just remember, you cant stay preggo forever :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:01 pm 

thank god we cant cuz if so , id prolly be in a mental institution after another month :shock: