Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:12 am 

I've been feeling terrible for the last 3 days nonstop. Any suggestions for feeling better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:34 am 

Hey, I know exactly how feel, I had the worst morning sickness (well atleast I thought so :D ) Have you tried eating some lemons. Sometimes when i ate them the smell would make me feel a little more sick but once i starting eating them i felt better. I usally had to eat a couple to really make a difference. Another thing was when I just knew i was gonna throw up I would lay on the bed on my back totally still and if i could take a nap and that helped. Sadly though sometimes we just can't stop it and thats something that comes with this!! THats about the only advice i have other than the usual eating crackers and getting up really slow in the mornings!! I really hope you feel better soon I'm SO glad mine finally stopped!!
Good LUck

Tara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:48 am 

im sorry to hear that must be horriable im on my 3rd pregancy and ive never had morning sickness but ive heard eating small amounts every couple of hours is supposed to help.

I hope u will start to feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:41 am 

I think there might be something to the lemons thing, because no one was on here when I asked, so I went and asked my friend Brenda and she said drink lemonade. Too bad I already did my grocery shopping, lol. I'll have to get someone to swing me by the store.

Thanks to you both for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 am 

Take a Vitamin B6 and (I forget the name-it is a sleeping pill, but Doctors reccomend it. If you go to the drug store, they can tell you what it is called.)

The lemons thing does work. I used lemon balls though. It takes away the taste of anything else in your mouth that may make you feel sick to your stomache.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:32 am 

With my luck, the lemons will make me sick, lol. My mom will be here soon to drive me to the store. I'll try the b6, too. (I'm willing to try just about anything at this point.) Also, I'll see if she has any advice, mom's usually do.

Hey, if she gives me any good advice, I'll post it, in case someone else is having as much trouble with being sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:48 am 

Lemons usaully do the trick. I do not know why. Doctors will reccomend it to people who get upset stomache quite often. I used to have a friend that used to have to suck on a lemon after she ate anything. (She wasn't pregnant) If she didn't, the food taste would make her throw up.

I had morning sickness REAL bad. I couldn't keep anything down for 3 weeks. And then I had an upset stomache for 3 months. Ugh. Hope it helps.

OH! The name of the sleeping pill is Unisom. Take a half of pill and a B6. That is what my Doctor told me to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:22 pm 

Yeah, I am exactly like you, the morning sickness is horrible right now, I just cross my fingers that it is only going to be like this for the first trimester. I always try to drink a lot of juice and water, even though drinking water makes me feel worst, after a while I am much better, I eat ritz, or some saltine crackers, or I lay in bed for a little bit, I hope you feel better. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:31 pm 

Heres something I got from the WIC office!! I didn't try any of these cause by the time I got this page my morning sickness stopped finally! The two with stars by them are suppose to be the two best things to do. I never take my prenatal vitamins only because the recommended iron is 10 to 12 and mine is usally at 13 so when it goes does a little i just take that nasty kid flintstone ones and they help get it back up!! I sure hope you and everyone else suffering from morning sickness start feeling better soon. I know me and the toilet got to know eachother pretty well after the first couple days i was in there all hours of the day keeping nothing down but i had this theory that if i was gonna throw up (which i was going to no matter what i ate good or bad) i was gonna throw up knowing i just enjoyed something really good and not some crackers or something nasty tasting!! Anyways again i hope you find a cure soon!!

Moming sickness. the bane of pregnant women everywhere, can knock even the most active go-getter off her feet. It can be particularly troublesome when you've got to go to workevery morning - and you're still trying to keep your pregnancy quiet at the office. No doubt you're already avoiding any foods and smells that make your stomach churn. Here are 12 more ways to keep nausea at bay (if you suffer from extreme nausea. talk to your healthcare provider about other options, inclding medicine).

. Keep simple snacks, such as crackers, by your bedside. When you first wake up, nibble a few crackers and then rest for 20 to 30 minutes before getting out bed.

.Eat small, frequent meals or snacks througout the day. Aim for bland foods that are high in protein or carbohydrates, as both can help fight nausea-. Good choices include crackers, animal crackers, and yogurt.

****.Try taking 50 mg of vitamin B6 twice a day with your healthcare provider's consent. B6 helps the body metabolize certain amino acids (proteins), which may somehow reduce nausea, although no one knows exactly why this works.Or try eating foods like yogurt which are high in B vitamins.

.Stop taking your prenatal vitamins temporarily.If the nausea improves, give yourself a few days and then reintroduce the vitamins. (Ifyou discontinue our multi for more than a few days, ask your doctor about whether you should continue taking a folic acid supplement during this time.)

.Since iron can be hard on your digestive system, stop taking iron supplements for the first trimester unless you're anemic.

.Avoid rich, spicy, acidic, and fried foods. and eat less fat in general.

.Though it's important to keep yourself well hydrated, try drinking fluids only between meals, and limit them during meals.

.Sniff lemons. The smell of a cut lemon may help your nausea. Put slices in your iced tea or sparkling water.

****.Drink ginger ale or ginger tea. Ginger is known to settle the stomach and help queasiness. But make sure the beverage you choose is made with real ginger - many sodas aren't. (Ask your doctor before taking ginger
supplements since some experts think they may increase the risk of miscarriage.)

.Give yourself time to relax. Talking things over with another mother-to-be can be a nice way to relieve stress.Some researchers theorize that stress and emotions may also play a role in morning sickness.

. Try acupressure bands. You can find thes sOft cotton wristbands at drugstores. This simple device, designed to ward off seasickness, has also helped man pregnant women through morning sickness. Strap it on so that the plastic button pushes against an acupressure point in the underside of your wrist, and you may begin feelingsome relief.

.Ask your doctor about a device that regulary stimulates the underside of your wrist with a mild electric current.The device costs about $75 and is availablle by prescription only, but it's safe and seems to work well for some women.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:36 pm 

Thanks for all the advice. Sorry to say my mom didn't have any advice of her own for me to share. Apparently, both times she was pregnant, she only got sick on the day she was s'pposed to start her period.

Anyways, the lemons really seem to be doing the trick, I even felt good enough to get some exercise today!

Thanks again!