Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:58 am 

I was on a site (can't remember which one, now) and it said morning sickness is a good sign that you won't m/c. If any of you remember my earlier post about morning sickness, mine is pretty bad, and I don't remember it being nearly as bad last time (I was only sick for 2 days, if that). Should I let myself get all hopefull because I'm sick, or is this just another pregnancy myth?

I think it's probably a myth, because my mom was only sick one day with both me and my sister, but who knows? If you've heard about this, I'm really curious!

Also, I puked two hours after taking my prenatal vitamins today, but hubby and mom both said that the vitamins should have already broken down by then. Do you think they're right? If they're wrong, will it be very harmful if the baby doesn't get the vitamin this one time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:41 am 

I've heard the same thing. A nurse even said well that's a good sign cause I said how horribly sick I had been. With my first I couldn't take my vitamins for the 1st couple months without getting sick and that dr. told me the vitamins were mainly for me the first couple months and it wasn't a big deal. The baby needs them(folic acid to be exact) before their conceived. I found that over the counter prenatal vitamins were less harsh on my body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:28 pm 

I have never heard such a thing. I had 4 babies and 1 miscarriage and I wasn't a bit sick with the baby I lost. But I was only sick with one of the four other pregnancies. I recently read that your chances of miscarriage decrease after the 12th week of pregnancy. We are expecting our 2nd grandbaby EDD Dec. 9th, 2004. Try blending your vitamins into a healthy milk shake or whatever you like to drink. It will not harm your baby to miss a vitamin or two. You can also cut them in half if they're making you sick and take half after lunch and half after dinner. If you have evening sickness instead of morning try taking one after breakfast and one after lunch. Sending love to your little baby... and I wishes for you to feel better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:22 pm 

Im sure i read that somewhere too but i wouldnt go by it ive never had morning sickeness with any of my 3 pregnancys although i tend to bleed for the first few months in my pregnacys but ive always had healthy babies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:56 pm 

There are so many myths about being pregnant that I ask before believing them, although I really want to believe this one, but like I said about my mom's pregnancies, and what I've heard, I guess it may be just a myth.

Actually, welcomes, I have constant sickness, lol. But cutting it up might be a good idea, since then I might be able to keep at least half down. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:15 pm 

I experienced not one bit of sickness with my daughter and she came out to be a perfectly healthy 8 and a half pound bundle of sweetness.

So I don't think having morning sickness or not has anything to do with your chances of miscarrying whatsoever.