Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: mucous plugs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:58 pm 

What exactly should I be looking for in losing my mucous plug? Does it come out in a couple of big pieces or little bits at a time or both?

On average when do you lose it?

34 weeks tomorrow and already dropping. It's getting close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:43 pm 
I did not loose mine until I was already in the hospital in labor and ready to be hooked up to the IV. They had me go into the bathroom to put the gown on and when I went into the bathroom I felt something weird. I looked down and there it was. Not very big, maybe dime size. Just looked like some bloody mucus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:56 pm 
i lost mine at the hospital too... i went to change, and i went potty too, and (not to be too graphic) but i wiped, and there was this thick, very clear mucos-y stuff,,, i asked the nurse about it cuz it freaked me out, and she said it was my plug... i thought it was supposed ot, or going to be bloody, but it wasnt.. :):)

Are you getting excited? :)

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:42 am 

Getting a little nervous. I've only got six weeks left now and my husband is going to be under the Atlantic for about three of them. Gotta love the Navy. He's on a fairly active sub. I just don't feel like I'm ready for the baby yet. I keep trying to get everything that I need but I'm always forgetting something or figuring out something new that I hadn't even thought of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:49 am 
you'll do fine :):) im sure its going to be hard with your husband having to leave for a while, but im sure all will be well. If ya have questions or concerns, about the pregnancy, the birth, or anything you may need just feel free to ask:):)

Enjoy this time too, get some rest, do stuff you want to do for yourself, and most of all, pamper yourself, :):)

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:38 am 
Don't worry too much. The majority of first births are usually right on time or late, ofcourse everyone is different. At 34 weeks I felt exactly like you did and everyoneone kept telling me that I was so big and the babby had dropped and she was gonna be early and to get my om here sooner. Nevertheless as much as I felt like she was coming soon....she was one day overdue :) My husband is in the Army and was supposed to be out in the field the night Lily was born but his Captain told him to go home and do you know that my hubby wanted to argue and stay out that night! Ahhhh the military and what it does to our husbands :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:08 am 

I was taking a bath when I lost my mucus plug, and a bit suprised too - because it didn't look like a "plug." Mine was like a a half a tablespoon of mucusy gook, and it was slightly tinged with blood. It was over a week after I lost my plug before I had my baby. Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:37 am 

I lost my mucus plug with my son 2 hours before I went into labour it wasnt very big but was in one piece. Everything will be alright.