Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: mulitiple miscarriages
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:38 am 

i was pregnant in august and miscarried after a month and a half, i was pregnant last year as well and i miscarried... i'm wondering if anyone knows of any tips to prevent miscarriage and promote a healthy baby? my doctor wants to put me on hormone supplements because he thinks my hormones alone won't be good enough to support the growing baby, but i am unsure if whether or not they are safe. Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:19 pm 

whatever the doctors says or prescribes id trust.... he wouldnt be a doctor if he didnt know what he was doing.... if this is your first pregnancy then after unsuccesful pregnancie in the past especially multipulls encounters like you case, id go with what the doctor says... i just had a m/c in sept.. and i am also feeling what you are feeling, hunny its ok to be afraid , just need to think positive, concentrate on what you and your doctor can find to make your systeme more stable to carry the lil angel that lies inside :)

Im sure everything will be fine if you trust your doctor:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:45 pm 

I'll have to respectfully disagree. Doctors are well trained, highly educated professionals. This doesn't mean that they are sometimes wrong. Get a second oppinion if you have any doubts, always question taking medication when you don't think it is necessary or safe.

Sounds like your mothering intuitions are kicking in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:37 pm 

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:01 pm 

What does your dr. want to put you on? I say follow your gut... I was greatly misdiagnosed while I was preg. with my 1st & it almost cost me my life & my baby's & I knew something was wrong but I didn't put up a big enough fight for the drs. to listen to me so I always say question & seek more/others advice. Good luck with your decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:40 pm 

I"m not sure. I haven't gone on it though... I do know that it is some sort of hormonal supplement...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:35 pm 

Get the name of the hormone therapy and look it up on the net.Better to be safe than sorry,maybe it can help you will never know until you find out more info. A friend of mine has to take asprin while she is preggers or her blood is so thick that it aborts the baby. You should do some more investigation it could be something that simple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 pm 

if you don't mind my asking, how did they find out about her blood being too thick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:21 pm 

She has been pregnant 9 times for only 3 live births... I think there was some sort of testing done when she turned up pregnant the last time, and I also know that the first pregnancy that ended up going full term was origanally twins but she lost one and had to have shots every day to keep the surviving one {a lovly girl} She is a bit of a hero to me , how she keeps going is incrediable. I will ask her for more details next time I speak to her :o