Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:36 am 

yeah, Men! My dh will get up to get the baby, but then he brings her in to me! Then goes back to bed! Lol. Gee thanks, Honey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:45 am 

yeah i know the feeling mine sometimes does that but he won't during the night get him unless i just so tired then i let him stay in the bed and until i goin and get him about 5mins or so then my husband will go to him he can't stand to hear him crythe think some of the reason on my austin don't sleep is some of his daddy fault lol he would have taken a longer nap this morning if he had not come in the door so loud lol and then claims cause i don't work and stay one with the baby i try my best to cook clean and be up all night with the baby he he says i work 16hrs a day big deal i'm not letting anyone else raise my child he knew that when and before we even had ababy and he would ever make it to change places with me for a day cause he wouldn't do it so i tell him get over it lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:55 am 

I tell my Dh that being a mom in general, we are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week all year! he can come home from HIS job each day and take two days off for weekends. Even when i am sick, I am on call. I know he'd be going crazy here with the kids, running errands, cleaning house every day all day long. So unless he wants to trade places, he needs to bite his lip and take a turn! Lol. Actually, when i tell him that, it works! Sometimes when he is home and I need a break, I find i suddenly have to go into the restroom and have some private time. Okay so maybe i go in there and read a magazine or play my gameboy. At least I get a break!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:03 pm 

yeah i keep reminding him that i have ajob24 hours a day 7 days a week all year and I'm on call when i am sick and no matter what i have to drop what i am doing to take care of my son i have to do it and there are times he will watch him while i take a shower or something he don't like it but he will get over it. austin took one nap today from 10;30 to 11;30 he is one crabby kid right now lol i hopehe sleep better tonight or i will go into automatic learning i only get 4 hrs sleep i'm already half way use to it but i do get sleepy during the day but i will keep him on schedule see how it goes i pray it works :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:15 pm 

oh tonight was bad trying to get him settle for the night he had one nap todayand he wanted so bad to fall alseep after 5pm today i guess cause of his short nap, and then iwouldn't let him go to sleep i took him outside so he would wake up well we came back in and he eat dinner around 6;30 we got done eatting cause we eat with my stepmom and dad tonight they live just right next door. so after we eat he played alittle bit over there came here about 8:00 took a bath he played in the tub for about 15 mins then he wants out we take his cold medcine and brush his teethgive him a sippy cup with some milk in it and put some soft music on he fights me for a whole half and hr to go to sleep trying to get out of my lap laughs when i say it is time to go to sleep so about 8:55 he finally settles down goes to sleep about 9:03 he is out like a light now how long he will sleep tonight i don't know he is in his bed in his room not our room so lets see how this goes he plays in there all day but won't sleep in there all night lol. I feel likem i am all most to the point of pulling my hair out lol in a week i hope sticking to this bed time he will get better:) thank you all for answering me and trying to help i haven't given up yet lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:36 am 

i breing to think my child is just nosey lol we went out to eat lastnight he had oenly one nap all day he took that at 12 to1;30 well i had to get my hair cut at 3 so i did that then my dad and stepmom ask us out to supper with them we went and we wasn't late coming back and my son goers to sleep in the car after 7;00 i don't put him to bed until8:30 9:00pm bath at 8 well he goes to sleep like i said in the car i can't wake him up so i had no chose i hads to let him sleep Big missstake he slept horrible lol he was up at 9:30 again at 10:30 again at 12 again at 3 after 3 he didn't want to go back to sleep he stay up until 4:30 then goes back to sleep and wakes up at 7:30 talking about being tired this morning i'm so tired i could drop right now and of course he isn't sleepy right now to take a nap :( i don't know what i'm going to do seems we can't go anywhere with out him falling a sleep in the car i mean i'll stay on his schedule time but i don't know if anything will work for my child

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:27 pm 

give it time. It doesn't hurt to temporarily run errands differently than you usually do, until your son is set into a new routine. It may mean that maybe your parents in in-laws come to your house for dinner. jsut explain that you are trying to get your son into a new routine and for now it would work better with his schedule if dinner, or lunch was at your place. My dh will stay home with the kids if I ask him to while I run errands. And usually, i run them really early in the morning, like 8:30/9:00 during the week after I drop my son at school. then my daughter isn't so tired she falls asleep on the way. ((((((HUGS)))))) i know you will get through this.

It sounded like the other night, his nap was taken too late so he wasn't tired enough to stay asleep. if you also find that he is falling asleep while driving at any time of day, then he really is tired and has a hard time letting himself get into his own down time to fall asleep. Which is all the more reason to work with him on a new schedule that will ultimately help him sleep and you as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:15 pm 

he took a nap about10:30this morning that one all i was going to do one nap see how that went but he won't take any naps or go to sleep while his dad is around so my husband went to work about 4 and then austin was just fussy so he wanted me to just hold him before i knew it he was sleep on my shoulder lol he slept until about 5 of course i was tired to being as what he pulled night before . he didn't go back down for the night tonight until 8:30that was then i gave him a bath he went to sleep after 9 like he mostly does any earlier and he will fight me . but i noice he won't nap that long and then at the end of the day around 5 he wants another nap. i thank you for anwering me and I'm trying so hard to stay on a schedule but sometimes it seems austin wants to change it I try the 8:00 bath 8:30 Snack then brush his teeth about 8:45 then after that lights out see how it goes i hope it gets better esp when i'm the only one up with him at night :( i have no help at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:54 am 

i know what u mean..im always telling my son who was 2 in june ur not 2 months ur 2 years..he wakes almost every 2 hours andits hard...

i did everything even taken him to the doc to letting him cry it out and more

i come to eccept this will be going on for while..i just wish i could get one nights sleep too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:57 am 

we on a schedule that i did up for him may take a while to work but he woke up at 2am this morning not wanting to go back to sleep then at some time after that he came back in my room and crawled on the bed beside me and wen to sleep i woke up he was next to me lol so idon't what i i am going to do with him i still say he is nosey lol or just wants me but maybe it is just sometihng he will grow out of one can hope or maybe in time the schedule will work i'm waiting to see :)