Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:11 pm 

Mikey used to throw it up too. Even my doctor said don't bother with it because it's so nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:28 pm 

Lyric doesnt eat too much meat either, and we dont force her. We're not a big meat eating family, we have poultry and sometimes fish, but RARELY do we eat red meat. I think its a great habit for her. She eats a TON of veggies and other things and meatless things that i make. so Lyric not wanting meat isn't a big deal at all. She's almost 17mths so i think its pretty normal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:45 pm 

It's so funny that we've been discussing this. My daughter the "vegetarian" tonight ate three pieces of turkey. This is the most meat she's eaten since seven months ago when we went to IHoP and she ate a sausage link. It was a banner day in our house and the little girl got three rounds of applause from those assembled!

Ah .. it's the little victories that taste the sweetest! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:15 am 

Woohoooo!!! COngratulations. So tell us what you did to the turkey to get her to eat it. Covered it in chocolate? Dipped it in sugar? Come on you can tell us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:14 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
Woohoooo!!! COngratulations. So tell us what you did to the turkey to get her to eat it. Covered it in chocolate? Dipped it in sugar? Come on you can tell us

I think it may have had something to do with my mom-in-law's birthday cake. I don't think we actually bribed her with it, but we did say, "We're going to have birthday cake after we eat dinner, but first why don't you try a piece of turkey?" She may have figured she wouldn't get birthday cake without trying the turkey first. After she ate the first piece I think she liked all the praise and attention, which likely led to her trying the other pieces. She said she liked it though. We'll see if it continues. We're having some leftovers tonight for dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm 

CAn you have your mother post the receipe for that cake? I will make it every night if I have to.
How did she do tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:38 pm 

jenna103 wrote:
CAn you have your mother post the receipe for that cake? I will make it every night if I have to.
How did she do tonight?

She ended up having a PB&J sandwich and some bananas. :lol: She and my wife ended up being at a play date later than expected and had to get something together quick when they got home. We'll try again tomorrow night.

Oh .. and it was vanilla cake with coconut icing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:07 am 

You think your daughter stalled the playdate purposely to avoid the meat??? THese kids can get pretty crafty. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:19 am 

jenna103 wrote:
You think your daughter stalled the playdate purposely to avoid the meat??? THese kids can get pretty crafty. LOL!!

Possible, but I doubt it. I don't think she knew she was supposed to get turkey. She's a picky kid and sometimes doesn't eat dinner no matter what it is. Tonight my wife gave her a grilled cheese sandwich and bananas .. two of her favorites .. and she didn't touch them. I got home late and had a grilled cheese and soup, and she wanted some of mine. I told her she was out of luck and should have eaten her own dinner. I hated doing that because I love it when she crawls up in my lap and shares my food, but I guess ya gotta be the grown up sometimes :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:13 am 

Well, I am happy to report Mikey ate cutlets last night. I fried them up like regular chicken cutlets them I put them in a casserole dish and poured chedder and broccili soup over them and baked them. Mikey loves cheese and mikey loves brocilli. He ate a few and then said he didn't like it so I just said fine but the only people that get cupcakes are the ones who eat there chicken. All of a sudden they weren't so bad. He ate a whole cutlet.