Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My doc appt.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:04 pm 

I am still 1cm dialated and am now 50% effaced. My doc said that she's inducing me next Wednesday night at 10pm so I will for sure have my little girl by next Thursday. Maybe she'll come on her own before that but I am not counting on it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:58 pm 

Lucky girl! I'm glad you don't have to go past your due date, it SUCKS! Mabey you will have Jadyn before I have Hannah! LOL!!! :lol:

Good luck! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 pm 

Lucky you don't have to go past your due date. My doctor said if my baby doesn't come on it on. I will have to wait to be induced a week after. I don't think that is fair. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:06 pm 

Hannah's Mommy- Are they going to induce you? When I was pregnant with my son, I was 6 days past my due date and they said no way that it would happen on it's own so they scheduled me to be induced.
The morning before I was supposed to be induced, my waters broke on their own.......sooooo you just never know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:06 am 

Nikki-

My doc said that if I make it to 41 weeks they will make an appointment to induce me. I was 70% effaced and almost 1cm dilated on Monday sooo...hopefully she will be here soon! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:21 am 

She is not making me wait until a week after because on Tuesday (which was a week and a half before my due date) they estimated that Jadyn was already 7 pounds and 6 ounces. So my doctor is letting me get induced around my due date because a week late could mean that Jadyn would be close to 9 pounds!! OUCH!! I begged!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:31 pm 

Mu mom guessed last night that she is about 8 lbs :shock: :shock: :shock:

THAT is big enough thank you Hannah darling you need to evacuate the premises!

Mabey I should BEG too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:06 pm 

Jadyn will probably be around 8 pounds....just a guess!! We'll see how close their guess actually was next week!! You should have Hannah before I have Jadyn but they'll only be a few days a part. Are you going to get induced Monday or Tuesday? I get induced Wednesday night so she'll probably be born Thursday. This is so exciting but very scary too!! Are you nervous? Do you plan on getting an epidural? I sure do!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:28 pm 

I don't know! All she said was that if I made it to 41 wks (Monday) we will make an appt. to induce. I guess we were both hoping it would happen before it came to that! I'll find out on Monday whats going on I have a doctors appt. then... :(

YES I'm nervous as hell, but ready to get this over with!! I am definately getting an epidural! I am a wimp! lol!!!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:25 am 

I bet if you have your appt. Monday, she'll either induce Mon. night or Tuesday morning!! Either way, if you don't go into labor on your own my guess is that you will have Hannah on Tuesday!! That means our babies would be 2 days a part!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:55 am 

Oh man you think she'll do it on mon or tues??? wow you're making me nervous! LOL! :lol: I don't want to have to be induced! It freaks me out! Oh well I may have to! That is cool how our little girls are going to be only a few days apart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:21 am 

I think it would be Monday or Tuesday. Just because she said she only wants you to go a week late and Monday is already a week late. I don't think she'll wait a while. It might be Tuesday because she might say for you to go home and get rest and come back super early Tuesday morning. Just a guess, I could be wrong. But at least you only have a few days left. If she induced Tuesday that would only be 3 days away!! If she suggests a day that is farther away I would be firm and say "I really want to be done earlier." I have heard that inducing can cause hard and long labors but I have also heard that inducing is great and causes things to go fairly steady. I personally don't care anymore because I plan on getting an epidural so if it is a long hard labor, I won't really know!!! Many first babies have to be induced so don't get down about that!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:26 pm 

Yea I know, She told me that first babies typically go late rather than early. My friends sister just had a baby that had to be induced too. I don't want it to go much longer either though...I'm not comfortable with Hannah being in there any longer than she should be...I'm probably overreacting but whatever! I'm with the epidural train too! I don't care how painfull it gets I want that epidural in me first thing! LOL! I just went for a brisk walk around the block and it was painfull! I'm not used to walking like that anymore! I had alot of pain and pressure and I was hoping that would do the trick but I guess not! Oh well I think twomorrow I'm gonna try the sex theory, let's hope that works!

I'll let you know if anything happens! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:43 am 

LOL at hannah's mommy for your last comment saying

"Mu mom guessed last night that she is about 8 lbs
THAT is big enough thank you Hannah darling you need to evacuate the premises!
Mabey I should BEG too!"

Oh and they say the chances of doctors guess on the babies weight is usally wrong. They were just a tad TO wrong with my sister and nephew. This said he was about two weeks ahead in frowth sixe and THEN they waited a week to induce her after her due date and by the time my nephew made his grand entrance he was 9 pounds 3 ounces and really long I can't remember what it was just that he was WAY long.
Good luck on both of your girls births and I hope your babies come VERY soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:26 pm 

Thanks Armywife!

Hannah will be here Friday at the latest! :D