Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:11 pm 

My son is 10 months old. For awhile I could lay him in his crib after nursing him till he was relaxed but not asleep. When he was younger he would not sleep through the night. We did the cry it out and it worked great. He still sleeps through the night but I can't get him to go to sleep in the day or at night. Bathing him gets him very excited. He is very active he never just sits in one place or holds still if you hold him unless he is eating. I tryed lettingphim cry himself asleep again but that is not working any more. Three hours later he is just awake as at first. I also have tryed the go in after 5 min, leave, come back in 10 and so on. After and hour and half he is still wide awake and mad. Lately nursing him to sleep has gotton even harder. Eather he just stars at me with wide eyes or closes them but screams when I lay him down. I have started giving him a stuffed animal to sleep with the last couple of days. He dosn't really care about it though. Going to bed at 12am is not working. Any suggesting would be great. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:15 pm 
I wish there was an easy solution to give you but I don't think there is. Lily has been doing the same thing, I think it is a combination of seperation anxiety and the fact that they are learning new things and it is much more fun to discover more than go to sleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:33 pm 

So he's never tired? Are you sure he's not overtired? I know when my son was little there was a small window between tired and over tired and if he was overtired nap would be tough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:14 pm 

He does get tired most of the time but really fights it. However today he woke up at about 7am and did not go to sleep until 3pm and only slept about 30 min. I was trying to let him cry it out this morning and when I'd give it was like he had taken a nap. Full of energy was not cranky any more and just wanted to play.
He has for sure hit the anxity issure with being away from me though. That might be the problem. If so, Krissimace, when did Lily out grow it. Or has she. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:29 pm 
Oh I wish she had outgrown it! She just started it. And it's funny because we just had a post about how long before our kids need to take naps and Lily usually can go about 1 1/2 hours before going down, well next day she is not even close to to wanting a nap at that point so I just have to put her down after about 2 hours of awake time and let her cry herself to sleep. I hate it but I know she needs her naps. I hope things get better for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:23 am 

My son is the same way now too. UGH. Now that he can crawl & pull-up he will not sleep. As soon as I lay him in his crib he's flipped over & standing. I leave him in bed & he plays til he gets overtired like Jenna said & then fusses until he falls asleep. I go in every so often & lay him back down & sometimes he eventually sleeps but just a power nap. We go out often & he does sleep in the car so that's how we've been getting naps in lately or else he doesn't sleep well at night.